← pr writting ch1-6 Test
5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- hard news
- fact sheet
- inverted pyramid style
- descriptive data
- a basically "paint a picture", of the public being studied by their distinctive demographic characteristics such as age, income, sex . this is the info you need for your reader profile.
- b a style of journalism in which news reports begin with the most dramatic or newsworthy information answering who, what, where, and when questions at the top of they story- and then tail off with less significant details.
- c it is information that has immediate impact on the people receiving it. news that people need rather than news that they want.
- d an informal fallacy that occurs when the conclusion of an argument depends on the misinterpretation of a statement that is ambiguous owing to some structural defect
- e usually a what-who-when-where-why-how breakdown of the news releases
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- Target audience describes a particular market segment selected as being the most appropriate for a certain advertising campaign or schedule.
- is the material current? if it isn't is it a whole new angle on an old story? nothing is more boring than yesterdays news
- words falsely spoken that damage the reputation of another
- cover info occurring within an organization that might have some news value to local, regional, or even national media.
- simple verbal arguments designed to get people to act in a way they are not naturally inclined to act, which draw heavily on one component of persuasion
5 True/False Questions
selective exposure → The process whereby a consumer notices certain stimuli and ignores others
news release → cover info occurring within an organization that might have some news value to local, regional, or even national media.
event announcements → anything the company is doing
cause and effect fallacy → instead of presenting a counterargument, we attack the character of the person who made the argument
dissonance theory → media users seek out messages that agree with their existing views