a close-fisted or stingy person.
to let fall in separate pieces or particles over a surface; scatter or sprinkle
characterized by ease in bending the body; supple; lithe.
bending readily; flexible; pliant.
an individual instance of a type of symbol
a quarrel about petty points
(of a price, consideration, etc.) named as a mere matter of form, being trifling in comparison with the actual value; minimal.
1. the husks of grains and grasses that are separated during threshing.
2. straw cut up for fodder.
3. worthless matter; refuse.
1. to spend or use (money, time, etc.) extravagantly or wastefully (often followed by away ).
2. to scatter.
2. expend profusely
a performance using gestures and body movements without words
a supply or accumulation that is hidden or carefully guarded for preservation, future use, etc.
1. pleasantly gentle or agreeable
2. soothing or balmy, as air
3. nonirritating, as food or medicines
4. not highly flavored; mild; tasteless
5. lacking in special interest, liveliness, individuality, etc.; insipid; dull:
anything that destroys, prevents growth, or causes devaluation
1. to waver in mind or opinion; be indecisive or irresolute
2. to sway unsteadily; waver; totter; stagger.
characterized by a ready and continuous flow of words; fluent; glib; talkative
an incident in the course of a series of events, in a person's life or experience, etc.
administer or bestow, as in small portions
marked by active interest and enthusiasm
1. a mild rebuke or criticism
2. disgrace or shame
to distribute; to give out sparingly
marked by great carelessness
a sign of something about to happen
1.to be frugal; get along on a scanty allowance
2. to limit to a certain amount, number, share, or allowance, often unduly; set limits to; restrict.
unwilling because of mild dislike or disapproval
a sudden sharp feeling