← Abaigeal~Weather Test
5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Air Pressure
- a Scientists who study the weather
Study air masses to make weather forecasts
- b Day to day conditions in a given area
- c air movement; wind moves from areas of high pressure to areas of low pressure; wind is named for th direction of which it comes Ex. North wind blows North to south
- d the pressing down of air on the Earth's surface. Gravity causes the gases to be pressed down.
- e A wind vane, instrument thta measures wind speed. Has cups that turn from the wind
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- layer of the atmosphere closest to the Earth where most weather occurs, conditions change quickly, contains water & gases
- Storms with strong winds and heavy rains. Occur over a large area and last a long time. Begin over the ocean but can move to shore.
- cause the change of seasons
- blanket of air that surrounds the Earth
- Prediction of the weather. Study air pressure, temperature, wind and moisture to determine the forecast.
5 True/False Questions
Barometer → Instrument that measures air pressure
Climate → The average weather of an area
Differ because of the way the sun's rays strike the Earth
Relative Humidity → Comparison of water vapor and air temperature
Cumulus clouds → Thin, white & feathery edges,
seen on good weather days, no rain, whispy cotton
Tornadoes → Strong windstorms which have cloud shaped like funnels.