5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Stratus cloud
- a Thick layer that forms a blanket over land.
Little sunlight shines through, appear gray, produce rain or snow, fog is a stratus cloud that's close to the Earth
- b water returning to the Earth's surfact from the atmosphere (rain, snow, sleet, hail)
- c The average weather of an area
Differ because of the way the sun's rays strike the Earth
- d blanket of air that surrounds the Earth
- e The amount of water vapor in the air
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- Strong windstorms which have cloud shaped like funnels.
- Air pressure, air moisture, temperature, air movement
- Place where two air masses meet
- the pressing down of air on the Earth's surface. Gravity causes the gases to be pressed down.
- layer of the atmosphere closest to the Earth where most weather occurs, conditions change quickly, contains water & gases
5 True/False Questions
Things that affect climate → Temperature & precipitation
Wind → air movement; wind moves from areas of high pressure to areas of low pressure; wind is named for th direction of which it comes Ex. North wind blows North to south
Thermometer → A wind vane, instrument thta measures wind speed. Has cups that turn from the wind
Forecast → Place where two air masses meet
Tilt of the axis & orbit of the Earth → cause the change of seasons