5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Things that affect climate
- Stratus cloud
- a Temperature & precipitation
- b Thick layer that forms a blanket over land.
Little sunlight shines through, appear gray, produce rain or snow, fog is a stratus cloud that's close to the Earth
- c Prediction of the weather. Study air pressure, temperature, wind and moisture to determine the forecast.
- d The average weather of an area
Differ because of the way the sun's rays strike the Earth
- e Day to day conditions in a given area
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- Scientists who study the weather
Study air masses to make weather forecasts
- Instrument that measures air temperature; movement of molecules
- A wind vane, instrument thta measures wind speed. Has cups that turn from the wind
- air movement; wind moves from areas of high pressure to areas of low pressure; wind is named for th direction of which it comes Ex. North wind blows North to south
- the pressing down of air on the Earth's surface. Gravity causes the gases to be pressed down.
5 True/False Questions
Thunderstorms → Strong windstorms which have cloud shaped like funnels.
Tilt of the axis & orbit of the Earth → cause the change of seasons
Hurricanes → Storms with strong winds and heavy rains. Occur over a large area and last a long time. Begin over the ocean but can move to shore.
Front → Place where two air masses meet
Four Properties of Weather → Air pressure, air moisture, temperature, air movement