5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Beaufort Scale
- Things that affect climate
- Relative Humidity
- a Storms with strong winds and heavy rains. Occur over a large area and last a long time. Begin over the ocean but can move to shore.
- b A wind vane, instrument thta measures wind speed. Has cups that turn from the wind
- c Temperature & precipitation
- d Scale that shows the number for wind speed.
- e Comparison of water vapor and air temperature
5 Multiple choice questions
- air movement; wind moves from areas of high pressure to areas of low pressure; wind is named for th direction of which it comes Ex. North wind blows North to south
- the pressing down of air on the Earth's surface. Gravity causes the gases to be pressed down.
- Instrument that measures air temperature; movement of molecules
- Place where two air masses meet
- cause the change of seasons
5 True/False questions
Cumulus clouds → Large, puffy, look like cotton balls, usually mean good weather, change shape, sit low in the sky.
Heavy dark cumulus clouds produce storms
Four Properties of Weather → Air pressure, air moisture, temperature, air movement
Climate → Instrument that measures air pressure
Cirrus clouds → Thin, white & feathery edges,
seen on good weather days, no rain, whispy cotton
Thunderstorms → Storms with strong winds and heavy rains. Occur over a large area and last a long time. Begin over the ocean but can move to shore.