5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Which amino acid works in the intestinal tract?
- Along the catabolic pathway of digestion of foods after the smaller subunits have been created, what then occurs?
- Once a zymogen is transferred and attached to another structure, what is the end result?
- Where does transcription occur?
- The zymogen gets broken off the protein and transferred to another area where they are needed. What happens next?
- a Other enzymes will come up to the zymogen and activate it by removing part of it's protein structure.
- b between the DNA and mRNA phase
- c The zymogen cannot be moved again for the transfer is IRREVERSIBLE!!!
- d the pathway changes to Anabolic because now many molecules that form the cell are being made from that food
- e Trypsin
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- stored energy
green leafy vegetables
- you will have clotting problems
- transports copper which is a co-factor for certain enzymes because copper cannot get into the blood by itself
5 True/False Questions
*What does lactate dehydrogenase do? → "ase" indicates it is an enzyme.
"dehydrogenase" indicates electrons are involved.
This is a reaction that may be losing (oxidation) or gaining (reduction)
What does hemoglobin carry? → Adenosine triphoshate
What is an active site? → Lyase sounds like lysis so you know that these enzymes break bonds. any enzyme that breaks a bond is considered a lyase
Are phospholipids hydrophilic or hydrophobic? → both
What food sources can you get Folate from? → Methyl groups and CO2