5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- What part of a phospholipid forms hydrophobic tails?
A. Fatty acids
E. All of the choices are correct
- Which of the following is not a pyrimidine?
E. All of these are pyrimidines
- Which of the following functional groups is mismatched to the organic compound?
E. Carboxyl-fatty acids
- A fat is called _____ if all carbons of the fatty acid chain are single bonded to 2 other carbons and 2 hydrogens.
E. None of the choices are correct
- The building blocks of an enzyme are
B. Glycerol and fatty acids
D. Phosphate, glycerol, fatty acids
E. Amino acids
- a D. Saturated
- b E. Amino acids
- c A. Fatty acids
- d A. Phosphate-carbohydrates
- e B. Adenine
5 Multiple choice questions
- A. Nucleic acids
- E. A nitrogen base
- C. Animals
- D. All of the choices are correct
- C. Phospholipids
5 True/False questions
The purine___ always binds with the pyrimidine__ in DNA and RNA.
A. guanine, cytosine
B. cytosine, guanine
C. adenine, guanine
D. thymine, guanine → A. guanine, cytosine
Which is not true about enzymes?
A. Found in all cells
B. Are catalysts
C. Participate in the cell's chemical reactions
D. Can be denaturated by heat and other agents
E. Have high-energy bonds between phosphates → E. Have high-energy bonds between phosphates
Which pertains to DNA but not to RNA?
A. Contains ribose
B. Contains adenine
C. Contains thymine
D. Contains uracil
E. Contains nucleotides → E. Have high-energy bonds between phosphates
Organic chemicals always have a basic framework of the element _____ bonded to other atoms.
E. Phosphorous → A. Carbon
All of the following are polysaccharides except
A. Dextran in some bacterial slime layers
B. Agar used to make solid culture media
C. A cell's glycocalyx
D. Cellulose in certain cell walls
E. Prostaglandins in inflammation → B. Glycogen