5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- C6H12O6 + C6H12O6 C12 H22O11 + H2O, represents:
A. Formation of a peptide bond
B. A decomposition reaction
D. Formation of a polysaccharide
E. Dehydration synthesis
- All of the following are lipids except
- A fat is called _____ if all carbons of the fatty acid chain are single bonded to 2 other carbons and 2 hydrogens.
E. None of the choices are correct
- All of the following are monosaccharides except
- Which of the following is not a pyrimidine?
E. All of these are pyrimidines
- a B. Adenine
- b E. Dehydration synthesis
- c B. Glycogen
- d B. Starch
- e D. Saturated
5 Multiple choice questions
- C. Has more H+ ions
- C. Phospholipids
- A. Fatty acids
- D. The energy of molecule of cells
- E. Prostaglandins in inflammation
5 True/False questions
Characteristics of shared by all cells include:
A. a membrane serving as a cell boundary
B. the possession of genetic information
C. the presence of cellular fluid
D. All of these → D. All of these
What type of bonds are formed by dehydration synthesis between adjacent amino acids?
E. Phosphate → A. Fatty acids
The purine___ always binds with the pyrimidine__ in DNA and RNA.
A. guanine, cytosine
B. cytosine, guanine
C. adenine, guanine
D. thymine, guanine → A. guanine, cytosine
A student forgot to label a beaker containing a DNA solution and a beaker containing a glucose solution. If chemical analysis was performed to identify the contents of each beaker, which of the following would be found in the beaker of DNA but not in the beaker with glucose?
A. Amino acids
B. Hydrogen and oxygen atoms
C. Nitrogen and phosphorus
D. Fatty acids
E. Carbon atoms → C. Nitrogen and phosphorus
Organic chemicals always have a basic framework of the element _____ bonded to other atoms.
E. Phosphorous → A. Carbon