5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- drive your crazy
- getting under my skin
- a (adj)having a regular repeated pattern of sounds or movements.
We could hear a rhythmic drumming outside
- b -bothering you
-Do not let Bob's teasing________
- c -(verb) to cause (an object or device, such as a bell or cell phone) to make a sound to make a sound
- She ______ a little bell.
- d make one mad,irritate
You are drive me crazy! Be quiet and let me study.
- e -(noun) a cry of sorrow and grief
-Considering his range and ____, it's amazing that Plant has a voice left at all.
-(verb) emit long loud cries
5 Multiple choice questions
- (adjective)causing irritation. That noise is very _________.
- (ADJ) having a problem or flaw, not perfect
they will replace defective goods for free.
- (adj) not officially allowed to meet, exist, or be used:
He was suspended for using a ________ substance
- -(verb) to make a loud sound with the car horn.
-I'm really frazzled by the sound of cars____ing their horns.
- -( verb ) to cause or allow (something, such as part of your body) to hit something in a way that makes a loud noise
▪ He accidentally ـــــــــــــــــed his knee against the door.
5 True/False questions
shrill → -(adj)having a very loud, high-pitched sound
-( verb )to make a very loud, high-pitched sound
▪ The bell _______s .
screech → -( verb )a piece of equipment that produces a loud, high-pitched warning sound
a woman who is very attractive but also dangerous
▪ Newt imitated a police _______softly
jolted → -(adj) quiet
- The sound of a baby breathing is very ____.
startling → (adjective.)-very surprising, shocking, or frightening
For example:That gun shot was very ______.
tow → (verb) to pull behind another vehicle with a rope or chain
-The car was ______ to the nearest garage after the accident.