5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- a (adj) not officially allowed to meet, exist, or be used:
He was suspended for using a ________ substance
- b .-(adjective) lacking clarity or brightness or loudness
A ____blush came into her cheek. I could barely hear the faint sound.
- c -(adj) get revenge against someone
- I planed __________ steps to defeat my rival.
- d (noun) a loud and very high cry that usually expresses extreme pain, anger, or fear
With a loud screech, she smashed the plate against the wall.
(verb) to cry out or shout in a loud and very high voice because of extreme pain, anger, fear.
I screeched when I saw the mouse.
- e －（noun）a person who is not a police officer but who tries to catch and punish criminals.
-There are lots of________s in China to help police catch criminals.
5 Multiple choice questions
- (adjective.)-very surprising, shocking, or frightening
For example:That gun shot was very ______.
- (adj)having a regular repeated pattern of sounds or movements.
We could hear a rhythmic drumming outside
- (verb) -to make or cause to make a loud resounding noise, as metal when struck .
- His fork _______ed against the plate .
(noun ) - a resounding metallic noise .
- He could hear the _________ of distant bells .
- make one mad,irritate
You are drive me crazy! Be quiet and let me study.
- -( verb )a piece of equipment that produces a loud, high-pitched warning sound
a woman who is very attractive but also dangerous
▪ Newt imitated a police _______softly
5 True/False questions
whistle → (noun)a small device that makes a very high and loud sound when a person blows air through it.
The policeman blew his __________.
vibration → -(noun) a continuous slight shaking movement
-Tryng to reduce engine______
shrill → -(adj)having a very loud, high-pitched sound
-( verb )to make a very loud, high-pitched sound
▪ The bell _______s .
wail → -( verb ) to cause or allow (something, such as part of your body) to hit something in a way that makes a loud noise
▪ He accidentally ـــــــــــــــــed his knee against the door.
honk → -(verb) to make a loud sound with the car horn.
-I'm really frazzled by the sound of cars____ing their horns.