5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- getting under my skin
- a -(noun) a cry of sorrow and grief
-Considering his range and ____, it's amazing that Plant has a voice left at all.
-(verb) emit long loud cries
- b -bothering you
-Do not let Bob's teasing________
- c (adjective.)-very surprising, shocking, or frightening
For example:That gun shot was very ______.
- d (noun)a small device that makes a very high and loud sound when a person blows air through it.
The policeman blew his __________.
- e -(noun) a continuous slight shaking movement
-Tryng to reduce engine______
5 Multiple choice questions
- -(verb) to make a loud sound with the car horn.
-I'm really frazzled by the sound of cars____ing their horns.
- -(adj) get revenge against someone
- I planed __________ steps to defeat my rival.
- -( adjective ) extremely bad or unpleasant
▪ They heard the most ــــــــــ sounds.
- ( verb ) - to make a low continuous humming sound like that of a bee .
- Files were ________ing around the picnic tables .
(noun ) -a low sound, as of many voices in conversation .
- We heard the ________ of the bees as we walk through the garden .
- (noun) a loud and very high cry that usually expresses extreme pain, anger, or fear
With a loud screech, she smashed the plate against the wall.
(verb) to cry out or shout in a loud and very high voice because of extreme pain, anger, fear.
I screeched when I saw the mouse.
5 True/False questions
low → (verb) to pull behind another vehicle with a rope or chain
-The car was ______ to the nearest garage after the accident.
siren → -( verb )a piece of equipment that produces a loud, high-pitched warning sound
a woman who is very attractive but also dangerous
▪ Newt imitated a police _______softly
frustrated → .-(adjective) very angry, discouraged, or upset because of being unable to do or complete something
I am more relaxed and not ____ anymore.
soft → -(adj) quiet
- The sound of a baby breathing is very ____.
tow → (adj.) - quiet.
For example: I couldn't hear him because he was talking too ____.