5 Written Questions
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- Britain's impressment of American sailors, arming of Native Americans in the Northwest Territory, and use of blockading American ships from trading with France led to this conflict.
- The construction and use of the Erie Canal turned this location into an economic center of trade and commerce by the 1820s.
- Opened in 1825 and served to increase the efficiency of moving good, people, and raw materials between the Northeast and Midwest regions of the United States.
- This event lasted sixteen months resulted in the charting and mapping of western trails, rivers, and mountains, as well the collecting of natural samples such as the bones of animals and plants.
- This event began in England in the mid-1700s and spread to the United States in the 1790s with the introduction of thread and textile mills in New England
5 True/False Questions
NORTHWEST ORDINANCE → This statement announced that the United States would prevent European nations from interfering with independent American nations, and that the United States would remain neutral in European wars between European nations and their American colonies.
MISSOURI COMPROMISE → This agreement allowed Maine to enter the United States as a free state and stated that slavery would not be permitted in the northern part of the Louisiana Territory above a line 36 degrees, 30 minutes (north latitude).
INTERCHANGEABLE PARTS → The practice of manufacturing identical parts to replace or fix a broken part of a product (example - muskets).
MANIFEST DESTINY → The name given to the idea that the United States would naturally occupy the territory between the Atlantic and Pacific Ocean.
ANDREW JACKSON → This statement announced that the United States would prevent European nations from interfering with independent American nations, and that the United States would remain neutral in European wars between European nations and their American colonies.