5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- ACTIVE ACQUIRED IMMUNITY
- THORACIC DUCT
- EFFECTS OF AGING
- A I D S ACRONYM
- a from having a disease and recovering from it or from a vaccination
- b a protein that functions as an antibody
- c gets lymph from the left side of the chest, head, neck, abd area and lower limbs and dumps it into the left subclavian vein.
- d immune sytem cells can't undergo rapid cell division so every organ adn tissue is more vulnerable to disease.
- e acquired immune deficiency syndrome
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- the process of increasing resistance to a disease by artifical means ...shots!!
- a severe and sometimes fatal allergic reaction
- when the immune system forms antibodies that irritate body cells
- masses of lymph tissue, 3 pairs, palatine, adenoids and lingual
- ability of the body to resist disease
5 True/False Questions
TREATMENT OF AIDS → similar to the flu
SPLEEN → suppresses the body immune system, teh person can't fight off illness
AIDS RELATED COMPLEX ARC → when a person with AIDS starts to get symptoms
LYMPH VESSELS → produce lymphocytes,and filter out harmful bacteria. oval, alone or in groups along the lymph vessels
PASSIVE ACQUIRED IMMUNITY → from mothers milk or from an injected serum