5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Golden Rule
- Paschal Mystery
- a God's love and salvation revealed through the life, passion, death, resurrection, and glorification (ascension) of Jesus Christ. The sacraments, especially the Eucharist, celebrate this great mystery of God's love
- b The Golden Rule is described by Jesus and recorded in Matthew 7:12: "Do to others whatever you would have them do to you."
- c The Nativity of Jesus is the story of our Savior's birth in Bethlehem. Two different accounts of the Nativity are given in the New Testament, one in the Gospel of Matthew, the other in the Gospel of Luke.
- d God's gift of friendship and life that enables us to share his life and love. Grace introduces us to the intimacy of life with the Blessed Trinity.
- e From the word for "blessed," this term refers to a person who has been declared by the Church to have the ability to intercede for those who pray in his or her name. Beatification is a step toward canonized sainthood.
5 Multiple choice questions
- The mystery from Christ's life in which God's glory shone through and transformed Jesus' physical appearance while he was in the company of the Old Testament prophets Moses and Elijah. Peter, James, and John witnessed this event.
- The "disordered desire for or inordinate enjoyment of sexual pleasure"
- The Kingdom of God was proclaimed by Jesus and began his life, death, and Resurrection. This process has begun with Jesus and will be perfectly completed at the end of time.
- One of the two mountains i the immediate vicinity of the West Bank city of Nablus. The mountain is sacred to the Samaritans, who believe it to be the location chosen by YHWH for a holy temple. The mountain continues to be the center of Samaritan religion to this day.
- Latin root: pontifex - "bridge builder". originally associated with the highest leaders of any religion; now reserved for the pope
5 True/False questions
transcendence → God's gift of friendship and life that enables us to share his life and love. Grace introduces us to the intimacy of life with the Blessed Trinity.
Jericho → fallen world
devil → The name for a fallen angel who refused to accept God or His Kingdom. Another word for the devil is Saran, or the "Evil One." The devil and other demons were at first good angels, but became evil due to their own choices and actions.
Epiphany → The feast that celebrates the mystery of Christ's manifestation as the Savior of the World.
Mount Siani → where Moses recieved the 10 Commandments from God.