← JC Rev. Ch 6-7 Test
5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- a a follower of Jesus. The word means "learner."
- b The mystery from Christ's life in which God's glory shone through and transformed Jesus' physical appearance while he was in the company of the Old Testament prophets Moses and Elijah. Peter, James, and John witnessed this event.
- c The name for a fallen angel who refused to accept God or His Kingdom. Another word for the devil is Saran, or the "Evil One." The devil and other demons were at first good angels, but became evil due to their own choices and actions.
- d Latin root: pontifex - "bridge builder". originally associated with the highest leaders of any religion; now reserved for the pope
- e Oaths are solemn, formal declarations of promise. They are false when an oath is contrary to a person's dignity or communion with the Church.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- A section in Matthew's Gospel (Mt. 5:1-7:29) in which Jesus delivers the first five discourses recorded in the Gospel. The Sermon on the Mount begins with the sharing of the Beatitudes. The Beatitudes are also found in the Sermon on the Plain in Luke 6:02-26
- a name for Jesus that means "God is with us." This is the name given to Jesus as foretold in the Old Testament and recounted to Joseph, the foster father of Jesus, in a dream.
- God's love and salvation revealed through the life, passion, death, resurrection, and glorification (ascension) of Jesus Christ. The sacraments, especially the Eucharist, celebrate this great mystery of God's love
- From the word for "blessed," this term refers to a person who has been declared by the Church to have the ability to intercede for those who pray in his or her name. Beatification is a step toward canonized sainthood.
- The Kingdom of God was proclaimed by Jesus and began his life, death, and Resurrection. This process has begun with Jesus and will be perfectly completed at the end of time.
5 True/False Questions
Mount Siani → where Moses recieved the 10 Commandments from God.
lust → The "disordered desire for or inordinate enjoyment of sexual pleasure"
Hell → Eternal separation from God that results in a person's dying after freely and deliberately acting against God's will (that is, not repenting of mortal sin
Epiphany → The feast that celebrates the mystery of Christ's manifestation as the Savior of the World.
Mount Gerizim → One of the two mountains i the immediate vicinity of the West Bank city of Nablus. The mountain is sacred to the Samaritans, who believe it to be the location chosen by YHWH for a holy temple. The mountain continues to be the center of Samaritan religion to this day.