5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Golden Rule
- Mount Siani
- a where Moses recieved the 10 Commandments from God.
- b The Golden Rule is described by Jesus and recorded in Matthew 7:12: "Do to others whatever you would have them do to you."
- c God's gift of friendship and life that enables us to share his life and love. Grace introduces us to the intimacy of life with the Blessed Trinity.
- d The mystery from Christ's life in which God's glory shone through and transformed Jesus' physical appearance while he was in the company of the Old Testament prophets Moses and Elijah. Peter, James, and John witnessed this event.
- e The feast that celebrates the mystery of Christ's manifestation as the Savior of the World.
5 Multiple choice questions
- The Kingdom of God was proclaimed by Jesus and began his life, death, and Resurrection. This process has begun with Jesus and will be perfectly completed at the end of time.
- The "disordered desire for or inordinate enjoyment of sexual pleasure"
- A trait of God that refers to his total otherness and being infinitely beyond and independent of creation.
- Eternal separation from God that results in a person's dying after freely and deliberately acting against God's will (that is, not repenting of mortal sin
- Latin root: pontifex - "bridge builder". originally associated with the highest leaders of any religion; now reserved for the pope
5 True/False questions
Emmanuel → God's gift of friendship and life that enables us to share his life and love. Grace introduces us to the intimacy of life with the Blessed Trinity.
devil → Eternal separation from God that results in a person's dying after freely and deliberately acting against God's will (that is, not repenting of mortal sin
Paschal Mystery → God's love and salvation revealed through the life, passion, death, resurrection, and glorification (ascension) of Jesus Christ. The sacraments, especially the Eucharist, celebrate this great mystery of God's love
disciple → The name for a fallen angel who refused to accept God or His Kingdom. Another word for the devil is Saran, or the "Evil One." The devil and other demons were at first good angels, but became evil due to their own choices and actions.
Mount Gerizim → One of the two mountains i the immediate vicinity of the West Bank city of Nablus. The mountain is sacred to the Samaritans, who believe it to be the location chosen by YHWH for a holy temple. The mountain continues to be the center of Samaritan religion to this day.