5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- a God's gift of friendship and life that enables us to share his life and love. Grace introduces us to the intimacy of life with the Blessed Trinity.
- b a follower of Jesus. The word means "learner."
- c The name for a fallen angel who refused to accept God or His Kingdom. Another word for the devil is Saran, or the "Evil One." The devil and other demons were at first good angels, but became evil due to their own choices and actions.
- d A trait of God that refers to his total otherness and being infinitely beyond and independent of creation.
- e a name for Jesus that means "God is with us." This is the name given to Jesus as foretold in the Old Testament and recounted to Joseph, the foster father of Jesus, in a dream.
5 Multiple choice questions
- fallen world
- The "disordered desire for or inordinate enjoyment of sexual pleasure"
- where Moses recieved the 10 Commandments from God.
- The Nativity of Jesus is the story of our Savior's birth in Bethlehem. Two different accounts of the Nativity are given in the New Testament, one in the Gospel of Matthew, the other in the Gospel of Luke.
- The Golden Rule is described by Jesus and recorded in Matthew 7:12: "Do to others whatever you would have them do to you."
5 True/False questions
Epiphany → fallen world
Transfiguration → The mystery from Christ's life in which God's glory shone through and transformed Jesus' physical appearance while he was in the company of the Old Testament prophets Moses and Elijah. Peter, James, and John witnessed this event.
beatified → The Nativity of Jesus is the story of our Savior's birth in Bethlehem. Two different accounts of the Nativity are given in the New Testament, one in the Gospel of Matthew, the other in the Gospel of Luke.
pontiff → Latin root: pontifex - "bridge builder". originally associated with the highest leaders of any religion; now reserved for the pope
Kingdom (or reign) of God → The Kingdom of God was proclaimed by Jesus and began his life, death, and Resurrection. This process has begun with Jesus and will be perfectly completed at the end of time.