5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- a standing out so as to be easily seen; important, well known.
- b in, at, or near the edge; only barely good, large, or important enough for the purpose.
- c punish in return for an injury or a wrong; unusual force or violence.
- d greatest, highest, fartherst; to the extreme limit.
- e stirn, merciless; fearce, savage, cruel.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- active, energetic, forceful.
- unwilling, holding back.
- to prevent from accomplishing a purpose or fulfilling a desire; to cause feelings or discouragement.
- unnamed, without the name of the person involved; unknown lacking individuality or character.
- to nibble, graze; to read casually; to window-shop.
5 True/False Questions
snare → a person easily tricked or deceived; to deceive.
scrimp → to handle very economically or stingily; to supply in a way that is small, short, or scanty.
dupe → stirn, merciless; fearce, savage, cruel.
preview → stirn, merciless; fearce, savage, cruel.
makeshift → a temporary substitute for something else; crude, flimpsy or temporary.