5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Equal Protection Clause
- Community Policing Era
- Defense Counsel
- Fifth Amendment
- Operation Ceasefire
- a address gun violence among juveniles/gangs. creation of interagency working partnership to assess the nature of gun problem & dynamics of youth violence, and identify effective intervention
- b the constitutional amendment designed to protect the rights of persons accused of crimes, including protection against double jeopardy, self-incrimination, and punishment without the due process of law.
- c 14th amendment clause that prohibits states from denying equal protection under the law, and has been used to combat discrimination
- d Working for—and with—the Public
1970s to the present
Emphasizes crime prevention and focuses on developing positive relationships between the police and the public
Officers expected to cultivate positive relationships with individuals in the communities they serve
Shift from reactive to proactive police work
- e A licensed trial lawyer hired or appointed to conduct the legal defense of a person accused of a crime and to represent him or her before a court of law.
5 Multiple choice questions
- The first ten amendments to the Constitution
- are lesser criminal acts which are generally punished less severely than felonies
- Ruled that a defendant must be allowed access to a lawyer before questioning by police.
- established the exclusionary rule; evidence illegally obtained cannot be used in court; Warren Court's judicial activism
- Deals with the issue of whether the defendant is actually responsible for the crime of which he or she stands accused.
5 True/False questions
Indictment → the situation of having been charged with a crime
Reasonable Suspicion → evidence that justifies an officer in stopping and questioning an individual believed to be involved in criminal activity
Tennessee v. Garner → Deadly force is limited to protection of yourself or another.
Problem-Oriented Policing → an approach to policing in which officers routinely seek to identify, analyze, and respond to the circumstances underlying the incidents that prompt citizens to call the police
Sixth Amendment → the constitutional amendment designed to protect individuals accused of crimes. It includes the right to counsel, the right to confront witnesses, and the right to a speedy and public trial.