5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Substantive Criminal Law
- Administrative Law
- Omnibus Safe Streets and Crime Control Act of 1968
- Criminal Justice System
- a The part of the law that defines crimes and specifies punishments.
- b are lesser criminal acts which are generally punished less severely than felonies
- c The body of law created by administrative agencies (in the form of rules, regulations, orders, and decisions) in order to carry out their duties and responsibilities.
- d What act was enacted with the goal of assisting local governments in reducing the incidence of crime by increasing the effectiveness, fairness, and coordination of law enforcement and the criminal justice system.
- e the system of police, courts, and prisons set up to deal with people who are accused of having committed a crime
5 Multiple choice questions
- The period of American Policing during the late 19th century and early 20th centuries during which police forces served more to regulate crime pursuant to the wishes of corrupt politicians.
- An attorney employed by the government to represent criminal defenders who cannot afford to pay for a lawyer.
- 1950s, political campaign, decreased last 30 years
- (civil law) a law established by following earlier judicial decisions
- A metaphor that describes crime that goes unreported to police and criminal justice officials and is never quantified.
5 True/False questions
Factual Guilt → Deals with the issue of whether the defendant is actually responsible for the crime of which he or she stands accused.
Due Process Model → the period 1961 to 1966 is frequently referred to as ________ _______ _______. the US supreme court an activist role, becoming quite literally givers of the law rather than interpreters of it
Constitutional Law → law based on the constitution and supreme court decisions
Procedural Criminal Law → The part of the law that defines crimes and specifies punishments.
Probable Cause → (law) evidence sufficient to warrant an arrest or search and seizure