- The waxy, waterproof layer that covers the leaves and stems of some plants.
-A group of similar cells that perform a specific function in an organism.
- The internal transporting tissue in some plants that is made up of tubelike structures.
-The joining of a sperm cell and an egg cell.
- A fertilized egg produced by the joining of a sperm and an egg.
- The stage in the life cycle of a plant in which the plant produces spores for reproduction.
- The stage in the life cycle of a plant in which the plant produces gametes, or sex cells.
-A sperm cell or an egg cell
-A low-growing plant that lacks vascular tissue.
- The thin, rootlike structure that anchors a moss and absorbs water and nutrients for the plants.
-A wetland where sphagnum moss grows on top of acidic water.
-the blackish-brown material consisting of compressed layers of dead sphagnum mosses that grows in bogs
- A plant that has vascular tissue.
- The leaf of a fern plant.
-The method of growing plants in a solution of nutrients instead of in soil.