5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- What was the seed drill?
- What was the industrial Revolution?
- What did Richard Arkwright invent?
- What did the Flying Shuttle, Spinning Mule, Spinning Jenny, Water frame and power loom have on the textile industry?
- Why was there a need for coal and iron?
- a Iron was used for farming tools, new factory machinery and railways and the steam engine was powered by coal
- b the replacement of manual labor and hand tools by machines
- c put seeds in rows rather than scatter them all around; was more efficient
- d The Water Frame- large spinning machine driven by water
- e Led to the rise of factories because the new machines were too big for homes so the cottage industry came to an end; factories were located by water for power, factories attracted poor unskilled labors
5 Multiple choice questions
- when the fields were divided into small strips and each farmer owned a certain number of strips and all had to plant and harvest at the same time
- The Powerloom-used water power and help to mechanize the production of cloth.
- a piece of land that was planted with different crops in succession so that now Farmers could farm all 4 fields at once instead of leaving one in fallow
- life was centered around farming, people were self-sufficient and grew their own food, people never travelled more than 25 miles from home because transportation was SLOW
- Corn and potato
5 True/False questions
What was the impact of the Enclosure movement on villages? → it privatized the land; people put fences around their property and strips of land were replaced with larger fields that were individually owned
How did the Enclosure Movement create workers looking for work? → Iron was used for farming tools, new factory machinery and railways and the steam engine was powered by coal
What was the 3 Field System? → put seeds in rows rather than scatter them all around; was more efficient
How did Crop Rotation, the seed drill, and new crops all cause population growth? → food production increased, more food means more people also lived longer so death rates were lower
What was the impact of the Steam Engine, Steam Boat, better roads and locomotives have on the transportation industry? → it privatized the land; people put fences around their property and strips of land were replaced with larger fields that were individually owned