5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Factor of Production: Labor
- What did Richard Arkwright invent?
- What was the impact of the Enclosure movement on villages?
- What was the 3 Field System?
- What did Edmund Cartwright invent?
- a Fields were divided into 3 fields one was FALLOW or left to rest and the other 2 were used for growing grains
- b it privatized the land; people put fences around their property and strips of land were replaced with larger fields that were individually owned
- c The Powerloom-used water power and help to mechanize the production of cloth.
- d Human Resources; large number of available workers
- e The Water Frame- large spinning machine driven by water
5 Multiple choice questions
- food production increased, more food means more people also lived longer so death rates were lower
- Economic Resources; had many rich merchants that were ready to invest money in the new inventions
- the replacement of manual labor and hand tools by machines
- The steam engine- was able to located factories anywhere because a boiler would heat the water into steam with a fire fueled by coal
- Corn and potato
5 True/False questions
Why did the Industrial Revolution start in Great Britain? → the replacement of manual labor and hand tools by machines
What was strip farming? → a piece of land that was planted with different crops in succession so that now Farmers could farm all 4 fields at once instead of leaving one in fallow
How did the Enclosure Movement create workers looking for work? → some people lost their land and were forced to become poor wage workers
Why was there a need for coal and iron? → Iron was used for farming tools, new factory machinery and railways and the steam engine was powered by coal
What are factors of production? → the resources that are needed to produce goods and services, Land, Labor and Capital