5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- What new crops were grown?
- What was farming like before the Industrial Revolution?
- What was strip farming?
- Why was there a need for coal and iron?
- What did Edmund Cartwright invent?
- a The Powerloom-used water power and help to mechanize the production of cloth.
- b Iron was used for farming tools, new factory machinery and railways and the steam engine was powered by coal
- c Corn and potato
- d when the fields were divided into small strips and each farmer owned a certain number of strips and all had to plant and harvest at the same time
- e farming was done together and everyone helped one another
5 Multiple choice questions
- the resources that are needed to produce goods and services, Land, Labor and Capital
- life was centered around farming, people were self-sufficient and grew their own food, people never travelled more than 25 miles from home because transportation was SLOW
- put seeds in rows rather than scatter them all around; was more efficient
- a piece of land that was planted with different crops in succession so that now Farmers could farm all 4 fields at once instead of leaving one in fallow
- it privatized the land; people put fences around their property and strips of land were replaced with larger fields that were individually owned
5 True/False questions
What was the cottage industry → home-based production of textile / cloth and other goods
workers received raw materials from merchants, took the raw materials home and did whatever was required to be done and then returned the finished product
What did Richard Arkwright invent? → The Powerloom-used water power and help to mechanize the production of cloth.
How did Crop Rotation, the seed drill, and new crops all cause population growth? → some people lost their land and were forced to become poor wage workers
Factor of Production: Labor → Natural Resources; large supply of coal, iron, and water power; many rivers for inland transportation
What was the 3 Field System? → Fields were divided into 3 fields one was FALLOW or left to rest and the other 2 were used for growing grains