5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- War of Austrian Succession
- a "Bashi- Bazouks" were snipers
- b Israeli City along the Sea of Galilee that Napoleon laid siege to in 1799 but failed because of the injury of his engineers, lack of artillery, and loss of navy.
- c a charge used to breach doors. triangular or cone shaped charge made of iron or steel that directs the blast in one direction.
- d in charge of raising funds for FW's army. Army made up 2/3 of state revenue and 6% of male population.
- e 1740-1748 FWII does not agree that Maria Theresa should become HRE and war ensues. results are that Prussia gains territory.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- French Army engineer improved fortifications and developed tactics to bring them down.
- 1640-1688, "The Great Elector" because of the damage done to Prussia during the 30 years War FW wants a strong standing army.
- Egyptian that laid siege to Acre in 1832 and succeeded because of large amounts of artillery and a navy that created a blocked of the city's ports.
- FWII believes the key to winning the War is to possess this province. which contains coal and iron.
- standard cavalry tactic in thirty years war. Fire to pistols then return to rear and repeat. Gustavus Adolphus changed this to after the firing of pistols the cavalry would charge with swords.
5 True/False Questions
Magazine System → Depots of reserves are kept through out country to supply armies.
Albert von Wallenstein → Prussian military leader - friction=something that happens accidentally that could not have been foreseen.
Frederick Wilelm II → 1713-1740, grandson to Frederick Wilhelm. king of Prussia. workaholic, discipline, and built up army.
junkers → the aristocrats of Prussia. They mostly do not pay taxes. However they agreed to pay taxes in exchange for highest civil jobs and military rank.
Diplomatic Revolution → HRE Charles VI makes deals with all ruling parties that when he dies his daughter Maria Theresa will take his position.