5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- a A valley that is dry most of the year except during the rainy season.
- b The holiest city of Islam.
- c The removal of salt from water to create freshwater.
- d Not enough stuff (i.e. resources) to meet demand.
- e A dry region that has extreme temperatures and little vegetation.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- The primary language of most Arabs. The official language of Islam.
- A nomadic Arab shepherd of the desert.
- Belief in one god.
- Pilgrimage made by Muslims to Mecca.
- The holy city of the Jews and sacred to Muslims, and Christians.
5 True/False Questions
Steppe → A large area of flat unforested grassland.
Judaism → A monotheistic religion founded by Moses with primary teachings in the Torah.
Mohammed → An Arab prophet and founder of Islam.
Palestine → A territory in the Middle East on the eastern coast of the Mediterranean Sea. Disputed with Israel.
Oasis → A valley that is dry most of the year except during the rainy season.