5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- only by another chemical change
- The properties of elements are DIFFERENT than the properties of compound the elements make up.
- sifting, magnetism, distillation, centrifuge, physical removal, filtration
- The mass of all materials used IN a change to start with are equal to the mass of all the materials that are created or what you end with
- a Explain how the law of conservation of mass applies to a chemical change.
- b Name two ways to separate a mixture.
- c Explain how the properties of elements compare to properties of a compound the elements make up.
- d homogeneous mixture that appears to be a simgle substance, but is composed of particles of two or more substances that are distributed evenly amongst each other. What is another name for liquid homogeneous mixtures.
- e How can a compound be separated?
5 Multiple choice questions
- How many elements are there total?
- combination of two or more elements, compounds, or BOTH that can be separated by physical means that are NOT in a fixed proportion
- Which is the solvent with oxygen in the air?
- mixture in which two or more gaseous, liquid, or solid substaces blend EVENLY throughout to appear like one
- Name three different physical properties
5 True/False questions
by chemical processes ONLY → How can compounds be separated?
soluble → able to be dissolved
flue, paint, fog, smog, gel, shampoo, hairspray, milk, mayonnaise, stick deodorant, jello, whipped cream → Name two examples of colloids.
Physical change - rocks are broken into smaller/different pieces, but they are still rocks; chemical change - substances dissolve in water and react with other substances in the soil, air, or water making new substances → Name two chemical properties.
electrolysis → chemical processes using electricity to break down a compound like water