5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- homogeneous mixture
- Solute and solvent
- a mixture in which particles are larger than those in a solution but are NOT heavy enough to settle out. Which type of mixture has solute small enough, so it can't be filtered out?
- b mixture in which two or more gaseous, liquid, or solid substaces blend EVENLY throughout to appear like one
- c device that spins liquids at high speeds to separate it into parts based on densities
- d heterogeneous mixture containing a liquid in which visible particles are large enough to settle out (insoluble). Which type of mixture has large solute, so it can be filtered out?
- e Name the parts of a solution.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- change of one substance to another that has different properties than the original substance
- charateristics of a substance that indicates whether it can undergo a certain chemical change
- combination of two or more elements, compounds, or BOTH that can be separated by physical means that are NOT in a fixed proportion
- substance containing only ONE type of particle (fixed composition)
- How can a compound be separated?
5 True/False Questions
formation of bubbles, formation of precipitate, formation of sound, light or odor, change in color → Name three clues that a chemical change has occurred.
oxygen → anything that has mass and volume
matter → anything that has mass and volume
The properties of elements are the same as the properties of a mixture of the elements → Explain how the properties of elements compare to properties of a compound the elements make up.
Physical change - rocks are broken into smaller/different pieces, but they are still rocks; chemical change - substances dissolve in water and react with other substances in the soil, air, or water making new substances → What type of change is weathering and why?