5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- water, salt, chalk, lithium chloride, strontium chloride,
- chemical property
- a charateristics of a substance that indicates whether it can undergo a certain chemical change
- b Name two compounds.
- c amount of particles in an object
- d substance in which the solute is dissolved or substance with the greater volume (amount)
- e device that spins liquids at high speeds to separate it into parts based on densities
5 Multiple choice questions
- mixture in which particles are larger than those in a solution but are NOT heavy enough to settle out. Which type of mixture has solute small enough, so it can't be filtered out?
- Name two examples of homogeneous mixtures.
- unable to be dissolved
- Which is the solute with oxygen in the air?
- process of separating a liquid from a solid by using filter paper
5 True/False questions
solubility → homogeneous mixture that appears to be a simgle substance, but is composed of particles of two or more substances that are distributed evenly amongst each other. What is another name for liquid homogeneous mixtures.
118 → How many elements are there total?
flammability, reactivity with water, oxygen, acids, other substances → How can a compound be separated?
compound → type of pure substance in which atoms of two or more elements CHEMICALLY combine in a FIXED proportion
by chemical processes ONLY → How can compounds be separated?