5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- carbon, copper, helium, aluminum
- chemical property
- breaking an ice cube, sharpening a pencil, cutting paper, dissolving salt into water, melting chocolate
- a Name two elements.
- b charateristics of a substance that indicates whether it can undergo a certain chemical change
- c Which is the solvent with oxygen in the air?
- d substance that is dissolved (smaller amount)
- e Name two examples of physical changes.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- combination of two or more elements, compounds, or BOTH that can be separated by physical means that are NOT in a fixed proportion
- ability of a substance to transfer heat from one area to another
- mixture in which two or more gaseous, liquid, or solid substaces blend EVENLY throughout to appear like one
- chemical processes using electricity to break down a compound like water
- What type of change is weathering and why?
5 True/False Questions
mass → Which is the solvent with oxygen in the air?
flammability, reactivity with water, oxygen, acids, other substances → Name two chemical properties.
The mass of all materials used IN a change to start with are equal to the mass of all the materials that are created or what you end with → Explain how the law of conservation of mass applies to a chemical change.
by chemical processes ONLY → charateristics of a substance that indicates whether it can undergo a certain chemical change
colloid → type of pure substance in which atoms of two or more elements CHEMICALLY combine in a FIXED proportion