5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- physical change
- chemical change
- a How many elements occur naturally?
- b change of one substance to another that has different properties than the original substance
- c process of separating liquids using their densities
- d process of separating a liquid from a solid by using filter paper
- e a change in size, shape, or state of matter by adding or removing energy. Which type of change keeps the identity the same? Which type of change is easy to undo, because the identity has NOT been changed?
5 Multiple choice questions
- What kind of matter have unique sets of properties that help to aid in their identification?
- process in which rocks / Earth's surface are broken into smaller pieces that vary in size
- Name three different physical properties
- Which type of mixture has solute large enough to scatter light?
- scattering of a light beam as the light passes through a colloid
5 True/False questions
compound → mixture in which particles are larger than those in a solution but are NOT heavy enough to settle out. Which type of mixture has solute small enough, so it can't be filtered out?
vinegar, pop, mayonaise, jello, kool-aid → Matter is neither created nor destroyed during a change, but is simply changed from one form to another form
sifting, magnetism, distillation, centrifuge, physical removal, filtration → Name two compounds.
mass → amount of particles in an object
chemical property → charateristics of a substance that indicates whether it can undergo a certain chemical change