5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- pure substance
- vinegar, pop, mayonaise, jello, kool-aid
- a What kind of matter have unique sets of properties that help to aid in their identification?
- b Name two examples of homogeneous mixtures.
- c ability of a substance to be pounded into thin sheets
- d process of separating a mixture based on boiling points of the liquid components
- e Which is the solvent with oxygen in the air?
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- Which type of mixture has solute large enough to scatter light?
- homogeneous mixture that appears to be a simgle substance, but is composed of particles of two or more substances that are distributed evenly amongst each other. What is another name for liquid homogeneous mixtures.
- Name two ways to separate a mixture.
- process of separating liquids using their densities
- substance containing only ONE type of particle (fixed composition)
5 True/False Questions
compound → type of pure substance in which atoms of two or more elements CHEMICALLY combine in a FIXED proportion
granite, concrete, dry soup mix, pizza, cheese, Chex mix, trail mix, Italian dressing → Name two examples of heterogeneous mixtures.
chemical property → charateristics of a substance that indicates whether it can undergo a certain chemical change
color, shape, state of matter, size, density, temperature, melting point, boiling point, odor, taste, viscosity, thermal conductivity, mass, volume, malleability, ductility, solubility → Name three different physical properties
only by another chemical change → How can a compound be separated?