5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- duties of a serf
- Middle Ages
- craft worker
- a work the land, pay rent and taxes to their master and ask for permission to marry
- b home-based, family-owned and run, with the father making goods and family members helping in making and selling of goods
- c Polish astronomer who produced a workable model of the solar system with the sun in the center (1473-1543)
- d Took place from AD 500, following the fall of Rome to about the 1500's
- e Found his models and inspiration for his writing in classical literature
5 Multiple choice questions
- Made lords and vassals dependent on one another, because the lords needed soldiers, which the vassal provided, while vassals needed a means of a support
- short church ceremony, marked taking this step. Blessed by a priest and given a sword and a belt
- renaissance artist, inventor and scientist who created Mona Lisa
- the royal charter of political rights given to rebellious English barons by King John in 1215
- medieval poet and musician who sang or recited while accompanying himself on a stringed instrument
5 True/False questions
Guilds → business associations that dominated medieval towns; they passed laws, levied taxes, built protective walls for the city, etc. Made rules that set quality and training standards
John Calvin → Clergyman in Geneva, Switzerland and preached and wrote about a severe form of Christianity. He drew up stern laws both for his followers and for city government.
Johannes Gutenberg → made his court a center of learning by filling it with scholars, poets and musicians.
Renaissance → Found his models and inspiration for his writing in classical literature
King John I → Was the King of England who was forced to sign the Magna Carta because of his cruel behavior and abuse of his absolute power.