← social studies Test
5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Medici Family
- John Calvin
- a travleing performers singing about chivalriss deeds performed by knights for ladies
- b Clergyman in Geneva, Switzerland and preached and wrote about a severe form of Christianity. He drew up stern laws both for his followers and for city government.
- c Marks graduation by fasting and prayer the night before ceremony
- d Gained it's wealth through banking and trading
- e Made lords and vassals dependent on one another, because the lords needed soldiers, which the vassal provided, while vassals needed a means of a support
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- the royal charter of political rights given to rebellious English barons by King John in 1215
- Revolutionized communications by developing a printing press
- renaissance artist, inventor and scientist who created Mona Lisa
- short church ceremony, marked taking this step. Blessed by a priest and given a sword and a belt
- the Spanish fleet that attempted to invade England, ending in disaster, due to the raging storm in the English Channel as well as the smaller and better English navy led by Francis Drake. This is viewed as the decline of Spains Golden Age, and the rise of England as a world naval power.
5 True/False Questions
Page → begins at age 7
Michelangelo → Took place from AD 500, following the fall of Rome to about the 1500's
craft worker → a German monk who became one of the most famous critics of the Roman Catholic Chruch. In 1517, he wrote 95 theses, or statements of belief attacking the church practices.
King John I → Marks graduation by fasting and prayer the night before ceremony
Humanism → Made lords and vassals dependent on one another, because the lords needed soldiers, which the vassal provided, while vassals needed a means of a support