5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- craft worker
- Martin Luther
- a a German monk who became one of the most famous critics of the Roman Catholic Chruch. In 1517, he wrote 95 theses, or statements of belief attacking the church practices.
- b travleing performers singing about chivalriss deeds performed by knights for ladies
- c home-based, family-owned and run, with the father making goods and family members helping in making and selling of goods
- d Polish astronomer who produced a workable model of the solar system with the sun in the center (1473-1543)
- e Made lords and vassals dependent on one another, because the lords needed soldiers, which the vassal provided, while vassals needed a means of a support
5 Multiple choice questions
- the cultural movement of the Renaissance that raised questions about traditional beliefs
- Traveled far for things such as spices and silk.
- A period of rebirth because it renewed interest in the achievements of ancient times and it made people feel more confident in their abilities and possibilities
- renaissance artist, inventor and scientist who created Mona Lisa
- made his court a center of learning by filling it with scholars, poets and musicians.
5 True/False questions
Middle Ages → Took place from AD 500, following the fall of Rome to about the 1500's
Charlemagne → Took place from AD 500, following the fall of Rome to about the 1500's
Squire → short church ceremony, marked taking this step. Blessed by a priest and given a sword and a belt
stages in knights training → the Spanish fleet that attempted to invade England, ending in disaster, due to the raging storm in the English Channel as well as the smaller and better English navy led by Francis Drake. This is viewed as the decline of Spains Golden Age, and the rise of England as a world naval power.
vikings → invaders from scandinavia who sacked european towns