5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Martin Luther
- Medici Family
- King John I
- a Was the King of England who was forced to sign the Magna Carta because of his cruel behavior and abuse of his absolute power.
- b business associations that dominated medieval towns; they passed laws, levied taxes, built protective walls for the city, etc. Made rules that set quality and training standards
- c Found his models and inspiration for his writing in classical literature
- d Gained it's wealth through banking and trading
- e a German monk who became one of the most famous critics of the Roman Catholic Chruch. In 1517, he wrote 95 theses, or statements of belief attacking the church practices.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- Took place from AD 500, following the fall of Rome to about the 1500's
- made his court a center of learning by filling it with scholars, poets and musicians.
- page, squire, knight
- invaders from scandinavia who sacked european towns
- Traveled far for things such as spices and silk.
5 True/False Questions
craft worker → made his court a center of learning by filling it with scholars, poets and musicians.
Magna carta → the royal charter of political rights given to rebellious English barons by King John in 1215
Renaissance → Found his models and inspiration for his writing in classical literature
Page → begins at age 7
Troubadours → travleing performers singing about chivalriss deeds performed by knights for ladies