5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Johannes Gutenberg
- Leonardo DaVinci
- a renaissance artist, inventor and scientist who created Mona Lisa
- b Revolutionized communications by developing a printing press
- c Polish astronomer who produced a workable model of the solar system with the sun in the center (1473-1543)
- d people from rich and powerful families
- e invaders from scandinavia who sacked european towns
5 Multiple choice questions
- made his court a center of learning by filling it with scholars, poets and musicians.
- medieval poet and musician who sang or recited while accompanying himself on a stringed instrument
- Took place from AD 500, following the fall of Rome to about the 1500's
- Italian Renaissance sculpture, painter, poet and architect
- the Spanish fleet that attempted to invade England, ending in disaster, due to the raging storm in the English Channel as well as the smaller and better English navy led by Francis Drake. This is viewed as the decline of Spains Golden Age, and the rise of England as a world naval power.
5 True/False questions
Squire → business associations that dominated medieval towns; they passed laws, levied taxes, built protective walls for the city, etc. Made rules that set quality and training standards
John Calvin → Clergyman in Geneva, Switzerland and preached and wrote about a severe form of Christianity. He drew up stern laws both for his followers and for city government.
Martin Luther → medieval poet and musician who sang or recited while accompanying himself on a stringed instrument
Queen Elizabeth I → Traveled far for things such as spices and silk.
Page → begins at age 7