5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Middle Ages
- Leonardo DaVinci
- a A period of rebirth because it renewed interest in the achievements of ancient times and it made people feel more confident in their abilities and possibilities
- b short church ceremony, marked taking this step. Blessed by a priest and given a sword and a belt
- c Took place from AD 500, following the fall of Rome to about the 1500's
- d renaissance artist, inventor and scientist who created Mona Lisa
- e business associations that dominated medieval towns; they passed laws, levied taxes, built protective walls for the city, etc. Made rules that set quality and training standards
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- Polish astronomer who produced a workable model of the solar system with the sun in the center (1473-1543)
- Clergyman in Geneva, Switzerland and preached and wrote about a severe form of Christianity. He drew up stern laws both for his followers and for city government.
- Traveled far for things such as spices and silk.
- Revolutionized communications by developing a printing press
- made his court a center of learning by filling it with scholars, poets and musicians.
5 True/False Questions
Spanish Armada → the Spanish fleet that attempted to invade England, ending in disaster, due to the raging storm in the English Channel as well as the smaller and better English navy led by Francis Drake. This is viewed as the decline of Spains Golden Age, and the rise of England as a world naval power.
Page → begins at age 7
duties of a serf → Took place from AD 500, following the fall of Rome to about the 1500's
Knight → business associations that dominated medieval towns; they passed laws, levied taxes, built protective walls for the city, etc. Made rules that set quality and training standards
Troubadours → travleing performers singing about chivalriss deeds performed by knights for ladies