5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Spanish Armada
- craft worker
- duties of a serf
- a work the land, pay rent and taxes to their master and ask for permission to marry
- b the Spanish fleet that attempted to invade England, ending in disaster, due to the raging storm in the English Channel as well as the smaller and better English navy led by Francis Drake. This is viewed as the decline of Spains Golden Age, and the rise of England as a world naval power.
- c Italian Renaissance sculpture, painter, poet and architect
- d the cultural movement of the Renaissance that raised questions about traditional beliefs
- e home-based, family-owned and run, with the father making goods and family members helping in making and selling of goods
5 Multiple choice questions
- invaders from scandinavia who sacked european towns
- travleing performers singing about chivalriss deeds performed by knights for ladies
- business associations that dominated medieval towns; they passed laws, levied taxes, built protective walls for the city, etc. Made rules that set quality and training standards
- Polish astronomer who produced a workable model of the solar system with the sun in the center (1473-1543)
- Made lords and vassals dependent on one another, because the lords needed soldiers, which the vassal provided, while vassals needed a means of a support
5 True/False questions
Page → begins at age 7
Renaissance → A period of rebirth because it renewed interest in the achievements of ancient times and it made people feel more confident in their abilities and possibilities
Magna carta → Clergyman in Geneva, Switzerland and preached and wrote about a severe form of Christianity. He drew up stern laws both for his followers and for city government.
Charlemagne → Took place from AD 500, following the fall of Rome to about the 1500's
Florence Traders → Traveled far for things such as spices and silk.