5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- stages in knights training
- Johannes Gutenberg
- a Formed western europe into a new empire and spread christianity.
- b Revolutionized communications by developing a printing press
- c people from rich and powerful families
- d page, squire, knight
- e medieval poet and musician who sang or recited while accompanying himself on a stringed instrument
5 Multiple choice questions
- Polish astronomer who produced a workable model of the solar system with the sun in the center (1473-1543)
- Made lords and vassals dependent on one another, because the lords needed soldiers, which the vassal provided, while vassals needed a means of a support
- Found his models and inspiration for his writing in classical literature
- A period of rebirth because it renewed interest in the achievements of ancient times and it made people feel more confident in their abilities and possibilities
- business associations that dominated medieval towns; they passed laws, levied taxes, built protective walls for the city, etc. Made rules that set quality and training standards
5 True/False questions
King John I → Was the King of England who was forced to sign the Magna Carta because of his cruel behavior and abuse of his absolute power.
Queen Elizabeth I → Queen of England from 1558 to 1603. English renaissance flourished during her reign.
craft worker → home-based, family-owned and run, with the father making goods and family members helping in making and selling of goods
Michelangelo → Took place from AD 500, following the fall of Rome to about the 1500's
Leonardo DaVinci → renaissance artist, inventor and scientist who created Mona Lisa