5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Peace Corps
- a an agency est. in 1961 to provide volunteer assistance to developing nations in Asia, Africa, and Latin America.
- b Southern Delegates to the national convention, opposed civil rights and sought to protect the Southern way of life against interference of federal government.
- c the blocking of another nation's attempts to spread its influence, especially the efforts of the US to block the spread of Soviet influence during the late 1940s and early 1950s.
- d Belonging to the leftist group that overthrew the Nicaraguan government in 1979.
- e An organization of Vietnamese Communists and other nationalist groups that between 1946 and 1954 fought for Vietnamese independence from the French.
5 Multiple choice questions
- The tearing down and replacing of buildings in rundown inner-city neighborhoods.
- Government agency that regulates and licenses television, telephone, telegraph, radio, and other communications industries
- the open discussion of social problems that was permitted in the USSR in the 1980s.
- - Island to the east of mainland China, where Chiang and his government and army fled.
- Communist leader in the north
5 True/False questions
Dr. MLK Jr. → Pastor of the Dexter Avenue Baptist Church, elected to lead the Montgomery Improvement Association to organize a boycott
Khmer Rouge → Communist group that seized power in Cambodia in 1975
Dien Bien Phu → Vietminh overran the French outpost at Dien Bien Phu.
Black Power → A slogan - first used in the 1940s and revived by Stokely Carmichael in the 1960s - that encouraged African-American pride and political and social leadership
Doves → an organization of petroleum exporting countries - an economic association of oil-producing nations that is able to set oil prices.