5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Reverse Discrimination
- Termination Policy
- a an unfair treatment of members of a majority group.
- b A gasoline-based bomb that set fire to the jungle.
- c - person who works to protect the environment from destruction and pollution
- d the flexible policy, involving a willingness to negotiate and an easing of tensions, that was adopted by Nixon and is adviser Kissinger in their dealings with Communist nations.
- e The US government's plan, announced 1953, to give up responsibility for Native American tribes by eliminating federal economic support, discontinuing the reservation system, and redistributing tribal lands.
5 Multiple choice questions
- disease (virus) that weakens immune system, makes body prone to infections/cancer.
- Belonging to the leftist group that overthrew the Nicaraguan government in 1979.
- - Island to the east of mainland China, where Chiang and his government and army fled.
- a group headed by Warren that investigated assassination of JFK and concluded that Lee Harvey Oswald was alone responsible.
- alliance of right-wing groups opposed to big government, entitlement programs, affirmative action the busing of students to achieve integration, and the suppose moral decline of the US population.
5 True/False questions
Franchise → A company that offers similar products or services in many locations
New Frontier → JFK's legislative program, included proposals to provide medical care for the elderly, to rebuild blighted urban areas, o aid education, to bolster the national defense, to increase international aid, and to expand the space program.
Southern Christian Leadership Conference → a 1991 military operation in which UN forces, led by the US, drove iraqi invaders from Kuwait..
Federal Communications Commission (FCC) → Government agency that regulates and licenses television, telephone, telegraph, radio, and other communications industries
Salt I Treaty → Intermediate Range Nuclear Forces Treaty, 1987 agreement between US and USSR that eliminated some weapons systems & allowed for on-site inspection of military installations.