5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Affirmative Actions
- Pay Equity
- Committee to Reelect the President
- Reverse Discrimination
- Marshall Plan
- a The program proposed by Secretary of State George Marshall in 1947, under which the US supplied economic aid to European nations to help them rebuild after WWII.
- b basing of employee's salary on the requirements of his job rather than traditional pay scales that have frequently provided women with smaller incomes than men.
- c a policy that seeks to correct the effects of past discrimination by favoring the groups who were previously disadvantaged.
- d an unfair treatment of members of a majority group.
- e an organization formed to run Nixon's 1972 reelection campaign, which was linked to the Watergate scandal.
5 Multiple choice questions
- right to remain silent and right to consult an attorney. Every accused person must be informed of this at time of their arrest.
- secretary of the communist party in Soviet Union; peace talks with US.
- rights and freedoms, such as those named in the Declaration of Independence and Bill of Rights, which all people are entitled.
- The tearing down and replacing of buildings in rundown inner-city neighborhoods.
- a late 20th century alliance of conservative special-interest groups concerned with cultural, social, and oral issues.
5 True/False questions
Medicaid → disease (virus) that weakens immune system, makes body prone to infections/cancer.
Korean War → A conflict between North Korea and South Korea lasting from 1950 to 1953, in which the US along with other UN countries fought on the South and China fought on the North.
Voting Rights Act of 1965 → law that banned discrimination in housing.
Malcom X → the authority to act that an elected official receives from the voters who elected him or her.
Ayatollah Ruhollah Khomeini → Condemned by the French to death in 1930 for his rebellious activity. Fled Vietnam that year and throughout the 1930s, he orchestrated Vietname's growing independence movement from exile in the Soviet Union and later from China.