5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Family Assistance Plan
- Dr. Jonas Salk
- New Left
- New Frontier
- a An economic condition marked by both inflation and high unemployment.
- b JFK's legislative program, included proposals to provide medical care for the elderly, to rebuild blighted urban areas, o aid education, to bolster the national defense, to increase international aid, and to expand the space program.
- c a welfare-reform proposal approved by the House of Representatives in 1970 but defeated in the Senate; that would have guaranteed an income to welfare recipients who agreed to undergo job training and to accept work.
- d youth-dominated political movement of the 1960s
- e Developed a vaccine for the crippling disease poliomyelitis.
5 Multiple choice questions
- a religious group, popularly known as the Black Muslims, founded by Elijah Muhammad to promote black separatism and the Islamic religion.
- a group headed by Warren that investigated assassination of JFK and concluded that Lee Harvey Oswald was alone responsible.
- the idea that if a nation falls under Communist control, nearby nations will also fall under Communist control.
- Major corporation; includes a number of smaller companies in unrelated industries
- the open discussion of social problems that was permitted in the USSR in the 1980s.
5 True/False questions
OPEC → an organization of petroleum exporting countries - an economic association of oil-producing nations that is able to set oil prices.
Sit-ins → form of demonstration used by African Americans
Mikhail Gorbachev → a leaf-killing toxic chemical that devastated landscapes.
Supply-Side Economics → The idea that a reduction of tax rates will lead to increases in jobs, savings, and investments, therefore to an increase in government revenue.
Peace Corps → Hired hands, Mexican, allowed into US to harvest crops