← U.S. History Final Test
5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Pentagon papers
- Miranda Rights
- Hot Line
- Affirmative Actions
- Tonkin Gulf Resolution
- a a policy that seeks to correct the effects of past discrimination by favoring the groups who were previously disadvantaged.
- b right to remain silent and right to consult an attorney. Every accused person must be informed of this at time of their arrest.
- c a resolution adopted by Congress in 1964, giving the president broad powers to wage war in Vietnam.
- d a communication link established in 1963 to allow the leaders of the US and USSR to contact each other in times of crisis.
- e 7,000 page document - leaked to press by former Defense Department worker
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- A gasoline-based bomb that set fire to the jungle.
- a leaf-killing toxic chemical that devastated landscapes.
- an agency est. in 1961 to provide volunteer assistance to developing nations in Asia, Africa, and Latin America.
- Government agency that regulates and licenses television, telephone, telegraph, radio, and other communications industries
- Communist opposition group in the South, began attacks on Diem government, killing thousands of officials. Later called National Liberation Front (NLF).
5 True/False Questions
Ho Chi Minh Trail → Intermediate Range Nuclear Forces Treaty, 1987 agreement between US and USSR that eliminated some weapons systems & allowed for on-site inspection of military installations.
Dr. Jonas Salk → Seamstress and an NAACP officer who took a seat in the front row of the colored section of a Montgomery bus. When asked to move, she refused, and her arrest soon spread around.
Rosa Parks → Seamstress and an NAACP officer who took a seat in the front row of the colored section of a Montgomery bus. When asked to move, she refused, and her arrest soon spread around.
Tiananmen Square → Supreme Court when Warren was chief justice, noted for its activism in areas of civil rights and free speech.
New Left → youth-dominated political movement of the 1960s