5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Trade Imbalance
- Brown v. Board of Education
- Rosa Parks
- a a situation in which a country imports more goods than it exports.
- b Seamstress and an NAACP officer who took a seat in the front row of the colored section of a Montgomery bus. When asked to move, she refused, and her arrest soon spread around.
- c 1954 case in which the Supreme Court rules that "separate but equal" education for black and white student was unconstitutional.
- d the open discussion of social problems that was permitted in the USSR in the 1980s.
- e One of the unconventional, nonmaterialistic followers of the beat movement of the 1950s.
5 Multiple choice questions
- Vietminh overran the French outpost at Dien Bien Phu.
- the distribution of federal money to state and local governments with few or no restrictions on how it is spent.
- The restructuring of the economy and the government instituted in the USSR
- which was advocated by Henry Kissinger in the Nixon admin that involves dealing with other nations in a practical and flexible way rather than according to a rigid policy.
- 7,000 page document - leaked to press by former Defense Department worker
5 True/False questions
Warren Court → Supreme Court when Warren was chief justice, noted for its activism in areas of civil rights and free speech.
Watergate → a scandal arising from the Nixon admin.'s attempt to cover up its involvement in the 1972 break-in at the Democratic National Committee headquarters in the Watergate apartment
Medicare → the authority to act that an elected official receives from the voters who elected him or her.
Vietminh → An organization of Vietnamese Communists and other nationalist groups that between 1946 and 1954 fought for Vietnamese independence from the French.
Vietnamization → Nixon's strategy for ending US involvement in war: gradual withdrawal of US troops and their replacement with South Vietnamese forces.