5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Truman Doctrine
- Domino theory
- Fair Deal
- Entitlement Programs
- a the idea that if a nation falls under Communist control, nearby nations will also fall under Communist control.
- b An extension of Roosevelt's New Deal, included proposals for a nationwide system of compulsory health insurance and a crop-subsidy system to provide a steady income for farmers.
- c A US policy announced by President Harry Truman in 1947, of providing economic and military aid to free nations threatened by internal or external opponents.
- d a government program, such as social security, Medicare, or Medicaid, that guarantees and provides benefits to a specific group.
- e For war.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- means of communication that reach large audiences.
- Nicaraguan rebels who received assistance for the Reagan Admin in their efforts to overthrow the sandinista Government in the 1980s.
- law that made it easier for A.A. to register to vote by eliminating discriminatory literary tests and authorizing federal examiners to enroll voters denied at the local level.
- Vietminh overran the French outpost at Dien Bien Phu.
- right to remain silent and right to consult an attorney. Every accused person must be informed of this at time of their arrest.
5 True/False Questions
Ho Chi Minh Trail → Condemned by the French to death in 1930 for his rebellious activity. Fled Vietnam that year and throughout the 1930s, he orchestrated Vietname's growing independence movement from exile in the Soviet Union and later from China.
Economic Opportunity Act → A political alliance of religious groups, consisting mainly of evangelical and fundamentalist Christians, that was active in the '70s and 80s, condemning liberal attitudes and behavior and raising money for conservative candidates
Mikhail Gorbachev → secretary of the communist party in Soviet Union; peace talks with US.
Commonwealth of Independent States → a loose confederation of former USSA states established after the dissolution of the USSR in 1991.
Environmental Protection Agency → - person who works to protect the environment from destruction and pollution