← U.S. History Final Test
5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Ngo Dinh Diem
- Rosa Parks
- Affirmative Actions
- Eisenhower Doctrine
- a Commitment to defend the Middle East against attack by any Communist country.
- b a strong anti-Communist, refused to take part in the countrywide election of 1956
- c Seamstress and an NAACP officer who took a seat in the front row of the colored section of a Montgomery bus. When asked to move, she refused, and her arrest soon spread around.
- d a policy that seeks to correct the effects of past discrimination by favoring the groups who were previously disadvantaged.
- e form of demonstration used by African Americans
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- Nixon's strategy for ending US involvement in war: gradual withdrawal of US troops and their replacement with South Vietnamese forces.
- the sit of 1989 demonstrations in Beijing, China, in which Chinese students demanded freedom of speech and a greater voice in government.
- - Island to the east of mainland China, where Chiang and his government and army fled.
- Daughter of Mississippi sharecroppers, won the honor of speaking for the MFDP at the convention. Registered to vote at cost of beating and family's eviction for their farm.
- Nixon's attempt to attract the support of Southern conservative Democrats who were unhappy with federal desegregation policies and liberal Supreme Court.
5 True/False Questions
Mikhail Gorbachev → a scandal arising from the Nixon admin.'s attempt to cover up its involvement in the 1972 break-in at the Democratic National Committee headquarters in the Watergate apartment
Civil Rights Act of 1968 → law that banned discrimination in housing.
Reverse Discrimination → an unfair treatment of members of a majority group.
Civil Rights Act of 1964 → A law that banned discrimination on the basis of race, sex, national origin, or religion in public places and most workplaces.
Salt I Treaty → Intermediate Range Nuclear Forces Treaty, 1987 agreement between US and USSR that eliminated some weapons systems & allowed for on-site inspection of military installations.