← U.S. History Final Test
U.S. History Final
5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Search and Destroy Missions
- Ngo Dinh Diem
- Rosa Parks
- Conservative Coalition
- a Hired hands, Mexican, allowed into US to harvest crops
- b a strong anti-Communist, refused to take part in the countrywide election of 1956
- c Seamstress and an NAACP officer who took a seat in the front row of the colored section of a Montgomery bus. When asked to move, she refused, and her arrest soon spread around.
- d alliance of right-wing groups opposed to big government, entitlement programs, affirmative action the busing of students to achieve integration, and the suppose moral decline of the US population.
- e a US military raid on a South Vietnamese village, intended to root out villagers with ties to the Vietcong, but often resulting in the destruction of the village and the displacement of its inhabitants.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- an organization of petroleum exporting countries - an economic association of oil-producing nations that is able to set oil prices.
- president's advisor for national security affairs; Nixon's top negotiator in Vietnam
- a resolution adopted by Congress in 1964, giving the president broad powers to wage war in Vietnam.
- Supreme Court when Warren was chief justice, noted for its activism in areas of civil rights and free speech.
- ran against Johnson (platform to end war).
5 True/False Questions
Black Panthers → Accused of spying for the Soviet Union, lied for passing documents, send to jail. Later, Soviet cables proved his guilt.
New Federalism → JFK's legislative program, included proposals to provide medical care for the elderly, to rebuild blighted urban areas, o aid education, to bolster the national defense, to increase international aid, and to expand the space program.
Peace Corps → Communist opposition group in the South, began attacks on Diem government, killing thousands of officials. Later called National Liberation Front (NLF).
Ho Chi Minh → Condemned by the French to death in 1930 for his rebellious activity. Fled Vietnam that year and throughout the 1930s, he orchestrated Vietname's growing independence movement from exile in the Soviet Union and later from China.
Entitlement Programs → a government program, such as social security, Medicare, or Medicaid, that guarantees and provides benefits to a specific group.