5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Barbarian Invasion
- a (antiquity) a temple to all the gods
- b Tribes come into Roman Empire. Gaul is the kingdom of the Franks
- c the group of people who ruled Rome before Romans revolted
- d a Roman poet
- e called on upperclass Romans to work together to make Rome a better place and wanted the Romans to give more support to the Senate and to restore checks and balances on government
5 Multiple choice questions
- an indifference to pleasure or pain
- A Roman historian who presented the facts accurately. He wrote about the good and the bad of imperial Rome in his Annals and Histories.
- A series of three wars between Rome and Carthage (264-146 B.C.); resulted in the destruction of Carthage and Rome's dominance over the western Mediterranean.
- lower class in Rome, usually small farmers
- a large amphitheater built in Rome around ad 70; site of the contest and combats between people and animals
5 True/False questions
Imperial Style → king-like
Consuls → an official, usually a former consul, who acted as governor or military commander of a province, and who had powers similar to those of a consul.
Aqueduct → a structure that carries water over long distances
Senate → Roman lyric poet said to have influenced English poetry (65-8 BC)
Augustus → Honorific name of Octavian, founder of the Roman Principate, the military dictatorship that replaced the failing rule of the Roman Senate. (151)