5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Pax Romana
- Imperial Style
- 509 BCE
- a elected to help consuls, commanded armies in times of war and oversaw legal system in times of peace
- b king-like
- c a large amphitheater built in Rome around ad 70; site of the contest and combats between people and animals
- d the Roman peace
- e Roman Republic begins when Romeans overthrow the Etruscans
5 Multiple choice questions
- First Triumvirate - Caesar joined with Crassus and Pompey.
Second - Octavian, Antony, and Lepidus.
- Roman name for Carthaginians meaning "Phoenicians"
- (architecture) a masonry construction (usually curved) for spanning an opening and supporting the weight above it Romans created
- an indifference to pleasure or pain
- Tribes come into Roman Empire. Gaul is the kingdom of the Franks
5 True/False questions
Cicero → called on upperclass Romans to work together to make Rome a better place and wanted the Romans to give more support to the Senate and to restore checks and balances on government
Crossing the Rubicon → When Caesar reentered Italy with his legions throwing Rome into a civil war. Point of no return
Barrel Vault → the simplest form of vault consisting of an unbroken series of arches; it forms a tunnel like shape Romans first to do
Virgil → (architecture) a masonry construction (usually curved) for spanning an opening and supporting the weight above it Romans created
Assembly of Tribes → issued by Constantine in 313, ended the "great persecution" and legalized Christianity in the Roman Empire