5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- a Roman lyric poet said to have influenced English poetry (65-8 BC)
- b the wealthy class in Roman society; landowners
- c A Roman historian who presented the facts accurately. He wrote about the good and the bad of imperial Rome in his Annals and Histories.
- d a structure that carries water over long distances
- e emperor
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- Two officials from the patrician class were appointed each year of the Roman Republic to supervise the government and command the armies
- the group of people who ruled Rome before Romans revolted
- (architecture) a masonry construction (usually curved) for spanning an opening and supporting the weight above it Romans created
- Carthaginian military commander who, in the Second Punic War, attempted a surprise attack on Rome, crossing the Alps with a large group of soldiers, horses, and elephants.
5 True/False Questions
Augustus → A Roman historian who presented the facts accurately. He wrote about the good and the bad of imperial Rome in his Annals and Histories.
476 CE → Fall of western Roman Empire ureffered to as the ate Roman Empire falls
Barrel Vault → a structure that carries water over long distances
Realism → an indifference to pleasure or pain
Civic Virtue → called on upperclass Romans to work together to make Rome a better place and wanted the Romans to give more support to the Senate and to restore checks and balances on government