5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- a the group of people who ruled Rome before Romans revolted
- b an indifference to pleasure or pain
- c Roman historian whose history of Rome filled 142 volumes (of which only 35 survive) including the earliest history of the war with Hannibal (59 BC to AD 17)
- d a Roman poet
- e a structure that carries water over long distances
5 Multiple choice questions
- (architecture) a masonry construction (usually curved) for spanning an opening and supporting the weight above it Romans created
- Roman name for Carthaginians meaning "Phoenicians"
- When Caesar reentered Italy with his legions throwing Rome into a civil war. Point of no return
- Roman lyric poet said to have influenced English poetry (65-8 BC)
5 True/False questions
Princeps → emperor
Tacitus → A Roman historian who presented the facts accurately. He wrote about the good and the bad of imperial Rome in his Annals and Histories.
Senate → Roman lyric poet said to have influenced English poetry (65-8 BC)
Edict of Milan → Julius Caesar's grandnephew, later known as Augustus. By defeating Mark Antony, he gained rule of all roman lands. He was Rome's first true emperor.
Twelve Tables → lower class in Rome, usually small farmers