5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Twelve Tables
- a the group of people who ruled Rome before Romans revolted
- b In ancient Rome, the supreme governing body, originally made up only of aristocrats.
- c the earliest written collection of Roman laws, drawn up by patricians about 450B.C., that became the foundation of Roman law
- d (architecture) a masonry construction (usually curved) for spanning an opening and supporting the weight above it Romans created
- e elected to help consuls, commanded armies in times of war and oversaw legal system in times of peace
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- called on upperclass Romans to work together to make Rome a better place and wanted the Romans to give more support to the Senate and to restore checks and balances on government
- Roman name for Carthaginians meaning "Phoenicians"
- Two officials from the patrician class were appointed each year of the Roman Republic to supervise the government and command the armies
- Fall of western Roman Empire ureffered to as the ate Roman Empire falls
- A series of three wars between Rome and Carthage (264-146 B.C.); resulted in the destruction of Carthage and Rome's dominance over the western Mediterranean.
5 True/False Questions
Indemnity → In ancient Rome, the supreme governing body, originally made up only of aristocrats.
Realism → Sculptures with realist postures
Hannibal → a Roman poet
Augustus → A Roman historian who presented the facts accurately. He wrote about the good and the bad of imperial Rome in his Annals and Histories.
Octavian → the wealthy class in Roman society; landowners