5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Barbarian Invasion
- a Honorific name of Octavian, founder of the Roman Principate, the military dictatorship that replaced the failing rule of the Roman Senate. (151)
- b an official, usually a former consul, who acted as governor or military commander of a province, and who had powers similar to those of a consul.
- c (architecture) a masonry construction (usually curved) for spanning an opening and supporting the weight above it Romans created
- d Carthaginian military commander who, in the Second Punic War, attempted a surprise attack on Rome, crossing the Alps with a large group of soldiers, horses, and elephants.
- e Tribes come into Roman Empire. Gaul is the kingdom of the Franks
5 Multiple choice questions
- the simplest form of vault consisting of an unbroken series of arches; it forms a tunnel like shape Romans first to do
- a Roman poet
- (n.) a payment for damage or loss
- a large amphitheater built in Rome around ad 70; site of the contest and combats between people and animals
5 True/False questions
Etruscans → the group of people who ruled Rome before Romans revolted
Octavian → Julius Caesar's grandnephew, later known as Augustus. By defeating Mark Antony, he gained rule of all roman lands. He was Rome's first true emperor.
Praetors → elected to help consuls, commanded armies in times of war and oversaw legal system in times of peace
476 CE → Fall of western Roman Empire ureffered to as the ate Roman Empire falls
Dome → a hemispherical vault supported on columns or walls