← Chapter 17 Test
5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- carbon monoxide
- atmospheric pressure
- Volative Organic compunds (VOCs)
- Coriolis effect
- a mearures the force per unit area produced by a column of air
- b The apparent deflection of north-south air currents to a partly east-west direction, caused by the faster spin if regions near the equator than of regions near the poles as a result of earth's rotation
- c a colorless, odorless gas produced primarily by the imcomplete combustion of fuel. Mostly from cars and engines.
- d the bottomost layer, blankets earths surface and provides us the air we need to live
- e carbon-containing chemical used in a =nd emitted by vehicle engines and a wide cariety of solvents and industrial processes, as well as by many household chemical and consumer items.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- thr boundry along which a colder, drier air mass displaces a warmer, moister air mass
- atmospheric conditions over short time periods, typically hours or days, and within relatively small gergraphic areas
- a heavy metal that enters the atmosphere as a particular pollutant. Help improve engim=nge preformance.
- A secondary pollutant, a major component of smog, colorless gas
- 1970- legislation set stricter standards for air quality, imposed limits on emissions from new stationary and mobile sources etc.
1990- sought to strengthen regulations pertaining to air quality standards, auto emissins, toxic air pollution etc.
5 True/False Questions
ozone layer → atmospheric conditions over short time periods, typically hours or days, and within relatively small gergraphic areas
Climate → a heavy metal that enters the atmosphere as a particular pollutant. Help improve engim=nge preformance.
relative humidity → the ratio of water vapor a given volume of air contains at a given temperature
primary pollutants → Harmful substances produced when primary pollutants interact or react with contituents of the atmosphere
Radon → A highly toxic, radioactive, colorless gas that seeps up from the ground in areas with certin types of bedrock and can build up inside basements and homes with poor air circulation