5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Tropospheric ozone
- Particulate matter
- atmospheric pressure
- ozone layer
- a A secondary pollutant, a major component of smog, colorless gas
- b mearures the force per unit area produced by a column of air
- c composed of solid or liquid particles small enough to be suspended in the atmosphere.
- d A portion of the stratosphere, roughly 17-30 km above sea level, that contains most of the ozone in the atmosphere
- e a heavy metal that enters the atmosphere as a particular pollutant. Help improve engim=nge preformance.
5 Multiple choice questions
- the bottomost layer, blankets earths surface and provides us the air we need to live
- extends 11-50 km above sea level, level above troposphere and below mesosphere
- One of the group of human made organic compunds derived from simple hydrocarbons, in which hydrogen atoms are replayed by chlorine, bromine, or flourine. deplete the ozone layer
- Harmful substances produced when primary pollutants interact or react with contituents of the atmosphere
- Air moves toward the low atmospheric pressure at the center of the system and spirals upward
5 True/False questions
High-pressure system → contains air that moves outward away from a center of the system and spirals upward
acidic depositions → The settling of acidic or acid-forming pollutants from the atmosphere onto earth's surface.
Coriolis effect → thr boundry along which a colder, drier air mass displaces a warmer, moister air mass
photochemical smog → is formed through light-driven chemical reactions of primary pollutants and normal atmospheric compounds that produce a mix of over100 different chemicals.
Volative Organic compunds (VOCs) → carbon-containing chemical used in a =nd emitted by vehicle engines and a wide cariety of solvents and industrial processes, as well as by many household chemical and consumer items.