5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- photochemical smog
- Clean air act of 1970 &1990
- ozone layer
- a 1970- legislation set stricter standards for air quality, imposed limits on emissions from new stationary and mobile sources etc.
1990- sought to strengthen regulations pertaining to air quality standards, auto emissins, toxic air pollution etc.
- b A highly toxic, radioactive, colorless gas that seeps up from the ground in areas with certin types of bedrock and can build up inside basements and homes with poor air circulation
- c the bottomost layer, blankets earths surface and provides us the air we need to live
- d A portion of the stratosphere, roughly 17-30 km above sea level, that contains most of the ozone in the atmosphere
- e is formed through light-driven chemical reactions of primary pollutants and normal atmospheric compounds that produce a mix of over100 different chemicals.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- carbon-containing chemical used in a =nd emitted by vehicle engines and a wide cariety of solvents and industrial processes, as well as by many household chemical and consumer items.
- Air moves toward the low atmospheric pressure at the center of the system and spirals upward
- The bounsry along which a mass of warmer, moister air replaces a mass of colder, drier air.
- pollutants emitted into the troposphere in a from that can be directly harmful or that can react to form harmful substances
- The settling of acidic or acid-forming pollutants from the atmosphere onto earth's surface.
5 True/False Questions
nitrogen dioxide → a colorless gas, has a pungent odor. Usually results from combustion of coal.
Coriolis effect → The apparent deflection of north-south air currents to a partly east-west direction, caused by the faster spin if regions near the equator than of regions near the poles as a result of earth's rotation
secondary pollutants → Harmful substances produced when primary pollutants interact or react with contituents of the atmosphere
Particulate matter → The pattern of atmospheric conditions found accross large geoographic regions over long periods of time
Weather → a heavy metal that enters the atmosphere as a particular pollutant. Help improve engim=nge preformance.