5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- acidic depositions
- carbon monoxide
- atmospheric pressure
- Volative Organic compunds (VOCs)
- a The settling of acidic or acid-forming pollutants from the atmosphere onto earth's surface.
- b mearures the force per unit area produced by a column of air
- c carbon-containing chemical used in a =nd emitted by vehicle engines and a wide cariety of solvents and industrial processes, as well as by many household chemical and consumer items.
- d the bottomost layer, blankets earths surface and provides us the air we need to live
- e a colorless, odorless gas produced primarily by the imcomplete combustion of fuel. Mostly from cars and engines.
5 Multiple choice questions
- Harmful substances produced when primary pollutants interact or react with contituents of the atmosphere
- composed of solid or liquid particles small enough to be suspended in the atmosphere.
- signatory nations agreed to cut CFC production in half
- pollutants emitted into the troposphere in a from that can be directly harmful or that can react to form harmful substances
- When coal or oil is burned, some portion is completly combusted, forming CO2
5 True/False questions
photochemical smog → When coal or oil is burned, some portion is completly combusted, forming CO2
convective circulation → A circular current driven by temperature differences, in the air warm air rises into regiona of lower atmospheric pressure, where it expands and cools and then descends and becomes denser.
Tropospheric ozone → the bottomost layer, blankets earths surface and provides us the air we need to live
ozone layer → atmospheric conditions over short time periods, typically hours or days, and within relatively small gergraphic areas
scrubbers → atmospheric conditions over short time periods, typically hours or days, and within relatively small gergraphic areas