← biology 11.4 test Test
5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- metaphase 2
- metaphase 1
- telophase 1
- anaphase 1
- telephase 2 and cytokinesis
- a a nuclear membrane forms around each cluster of chromosomes. folled by cytokinesis forming two new cells.
- b paired homologous chromosomes line up across the center of the cell.
- c spindle fibers pull each homologous chromosome pair toward opposite ends of the cell.
- d chromosomes line up at the center of each cell
- e each of the four daughter cells produced in meiosis 2 receive two chromatids
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- "one set" a cell that contains a single set of chromosomes. (N)
- Mitosis is asexual reproductiona and meiosis is sexual reproduction. in mitosis daughter cells get one set of chromosomes. In meiosis homologous chromosomes move to separate daughter cells. meiosis reduces chromosome number by half.
- fertilized egg
- normal body cells
- chromatids of the homologous chromosomes cross over one another and alleles are exchanged.
5 True/False Questions
Result of meiosis → Diploid cell becomes four haploid cell
tetrad → a structure in which each replicated chromosome pairs with its corresponding chromosome.
prophase 1 → chromosomes become visible. chromosomes do not pair to form tetrads because homologous pairs were already separated during meiosis 1.
prophase 2 → each replicated chromosome pairs with its corresponding homologous chromosome.
gamete → sex cells