5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Model T
- General Ludendorff
- Spirit of St. Louis
- a Commander of German armies on the Western Front. In the spring of 1918, he launched an all-out offensive on the Allies, gambling everything.
- b A store with a hidden room where alcohol was sold and drunk illegally.
- c A custom aircraft that was first to fly from New York to Paris and won a cash prize for it.
- d Automobile built using the assembly line methods -- was sturdy, reliable, inexpensive and available only in black, it was also known as the "Tin Lizzy."
- e What the American soldiers called themselves, because white clay dust covered their skin when marching.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- The tip of the salient below Ameins. This was the first full-scale battle for the AEF.
- A form of warfare in which both combatants have fortified postitions and fighting lines are static.
- British passenger boat sunk by a German submarine that claimed 1,000 lives. One of the main reasons America decided to join the war.
- This was a United States government agency established on July 28, 1917, during World War I, to coordinate the purchase of war supplies.
- This took place at Gallipoli peninsula in Turkey from April 25, 1915, to January 9, 1916, during the First World War. A joint British Empire and French operation was mounted to capture the Ottoman capital of Constantinople, and a secure sea route to Russia. The attempt failed, with heavy casualties on both sides.
5 True/False Questions
Austria-Hungary → Part of Germany's Central powers.
Central Powers → A conflict of unlimited scope in which a belligerent engages in a mobilization of all available resources at their disposal in order to entirely destroy or render beyond use of their rival's capacity to continue resistance.
German Americans → Immigrants from Armenia. Most of them settled in New York, but they also settled in Michigan and Illinois.
Sarajevo → A store with a hidden room where alcohol was sold and drunk illegally.
Teddy Roosevelt → The 26th president of the United States; "Speak softly but carry a big stick." He was leader of the Rough Riders during the Spanish-American War, and he built the Panama Canal. He was also a naturalist and a noted author.