5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Model T
- Greenfield Village
- General William "Billy" Mitchell
- American Expeditionary Force (AEF)
- a A fierce hatred of all Jews, which was common among Americans during the 1920s.
- b Automobile built using the assembly line methods -- was sturdy, reliable, inexpensive and available only in black, it was also known as the "Tin Lizzy."
- c The United States Armed Forces sent to Europe during World War I.
- d Brigadier General and chief of air operations, First Army. The first high-ranking United States Army officer to learn how to fly, and the first to win the Croix de Guerre.
- e In the Metro Detroit suburb of Dearborn, Michigan, USA, is the nation's "largest indoor-outdoor museum" complex. Designed and built by the automobile industrialist Henry Ford.
5 Multiple choice questions
- This man was an Archduke of Austria-Este, Austro Hungarian and Royal Prince of Hungary and Bohemia, and from 1889 until his death, heir presumptive to the Austro-Hungarian throne. His assassination in Sarajevo precipitated Austria-Hungary's declaration of war against Serbia. This caused countries allied with Serbia to declare war on each other, starting World War I.
- Americans that descended from Germany.
- Was a German fighter pilot known as "The Red Baron." He was the most successful flying ace of World War I, being officially credited with 80 confirmed air combat victories. This man was a member of an aristocratic family with many famous relatives.
- The 26th president of the United States; "Speak softly but carry a big stick." He was leader of the Rough Riders during the Spanish-American War, and he built the Panama Canal. He was also a naturalist and a noted author.
- A store with a hidden room where alcohol was sold and drunk illegally.
5 True/False questions
Armistice → A state of peace agreed to between opponents so they can discuss peace terms.
Freikorps or Free Corps → Several militias created by German military officers to fight against communists.
The Treaty of Versailles → This was one of the peace treaties at the end of World War I. It ended the state of war between Germany and the Allied Powers. it was signed on June 28, 1919, exactly five years after the assassination of Archduke Franz Ferdinand.
Bolsheviks → People who were perceived as a threat to mainstream American culture.
Archie → Some of the best pilots such as Barron Manfred Von Richthofen, or the Red Baron.