5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Dardanelles Campaign
- Charles Lindbergh
- The Scopes Monkey Trial
- Lafayette Flying Corps
- a This was an American legal case that tested the Butler Act, which made it unlawful, in any state-funded educational establishment in Tennessee, "to teach any theory that denies the story of Divine Creation of man as taught in the Bible, and to teach instead that man has descended from a lower order of animals." This is often interpreted as meaning that the law forbade the teaching of any aspect of the theory of evolution.
- b A french group of pilots that Americans joined before we entered the war.
- c British passenger boat sunk by a German submarine that claimed 1,000 lives. One of the main reasons America decided to join the war.
- d This took place at Gallipoli peninsula in Turkey from April 25, 1915, to January 9, 1916, during the First World War. A joint British Empire and French operation was mounted to capture the Ottoman capital of Constantinople, and a secure sea route to Russia. The attempt failed, with heavy casualties on both sides.
- e Was an American aviator, author, inventor and explorer.
5 Multiple choice questions
- Temporary shock that can happen to anyone, caused by bombardments.
- The kaiser, or emperor, of Germany during the First World War. After the Germans were defeated and the Allies claimed victory of World War I, he fled.
- The new type of women, who became more independent. They broke the traditional behavior patterns, and changed their views on courtship rituals, marriage, and child rearing.
- This was one of the peace treaties at the end of World War I. It ended the state of war between Germany and the Allied Powers. it was signed on June 28, 1919, exactly five years after the assassination of Archduke Franz Ferdinand.
- People who were perceived as a threat to mainstream American culture.
5 True/False questions
Doughboys → What the American soldiers called themselves, because white clay dust covered their skin when marching.
German Americans → Americans that descended from Germany.
Armenians → Immigrants from Armenia. Most of them settled in New York, but they also settled in Michigan and Illinois.
Colonel Douglas Macarthur → Was an American general, United Nations general, and Field Marshal of the Philippine Army. He was a Chief of Staff of the United States Army during the 1930s and later played a prominent role in the Pacific theater of World War II. He was a highly decorated US soldier of the war, recieving the Medal of Honor for his early service in the Philippines and on the Bataan Peninsula. He was designated to command the proposed invasion of Japan in November 1945.
Prohibition → A state of peace agreed to between opponents so they can discuss peace terms.