← Web 2.0 Vocab Test
5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Search Engine
- a A (usually web-based) system for searching the information available on the Web.
- b JPEG is most preferred format for image files.(Joint Photographic Experts Group)
- c A computer that makes services, like access to data files and programs available to other computers or workstations in the same network.
- d How much stuff you can send through a connection. Usually measured in bits-per-second
- e The protocol for moving hypertextfiles across the Internet. (HyperText Transfer Protocol)
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- A file format designed to enable printing and viewing of documents with all their formatting(Portable Document Format)
- The main protocol used to send electronic mail from server to server on the Internet. (Simple Mail Transfer Protocol)
- The coding language used to create Hypertext documents for use on the World Wide Web.(HyperText Markup Language)
- The etiquette ( or manners) on the Internet.
- uses perceptual noise shaping to compress sounds
5 True/False Questions
Browser → A program (like Firefox) that is used to look at various kinds of Internet resources.
Social Networking → Any time you connect 2 or more computers together so that they can share resources,
Kilobyte → 1000 or 1024 Megabytes, depending on who is measuring.
VOIP → The main protocol used to send electronic mail from server to server on the Internet. (Simple Mail Transfer Protocol)
IT → A single digit number in base-2, in other words, either a 1 or a zero. The smallest unit of computerized data. Bandwidth is usually measured in bits-per-second. (Binary DigIT)