← Anth 102 Quiz Test
5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- sexual selection
- steps of translation
- NAme the pyrimedines
- The locus of a chromosomes refers to
- Founder effect occurs when_____ an example is ____
- a the location of a gene on a chromosome.
- b different reproductive success of one sex of a species.
- c Thyimine Cytosine, Urcail (RNA)
- d Translation
Ribosome: reads codons 2 at a time
tRNA molecule with complementary anticodon brings amino acid
amino acid bond
Formation of a polypeptide chain of amino acids, protein.
- e A small population breaks off of a huge population and make their own, amish people
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- He was a swedish botantist and the father of taxonomy- science of naming and classifying organisms. He helped by classifying the similarites and patterns of relations in people.
- fossil records of ancestors and their primate kin, identifying first species, and making chronological sequences among early species.
- issues of health and illness
- gene pool
- He used both the philosophy of deep slow time and competition.
5 True/False Questions
What IS evolution? → different reproductive success of one sex of a species.
A point mutation occurs when______, There are two types _____ when their is an____ of base pairs and _____ where there is a _____ of base pairs. an example of a disease is______. it is a _______ disease → fossil records of ancestors and their primate kin, identifying first species, and making chronological sequences among early species.
What are the functions of DNA? → Ribose, single stranded, contains urcail and, can pass through the membrane.
Analogy is → a diagram used to show the transmission of genetic traits in generations of families.
DNA codes for______ → A segment of DNA codes for a protein or part of a protein