← Anth 102 Quiz Test
5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Name the purines
- humans fall into the category of
- Palepanthropology is the study of_____ They help by______-
- X-Linked disorders are a form of ____ chromosome inheritance. It is caused by a _______. It is always expressed in ____ because_____, An example of a disease is ____
- Genetic drift refers to the____. It can be_____
- a change in gene frequencies due to random events, unpredictable.
- b sex, mutation on the X chromosome, males, they only have one X chromosome, hemophillia..
- c Adenine and guanine
- d hominins.
- e fossil records of ancestors and their primate kin, identifying first species, and making chronological sequences among early species.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- two chromosomes that carry genes that produce the excat same trait.
- When proteins are being synthesized, if one messes up by mistake, there is another to replace it.
- fertilized egg
- traits must be hertiable, traits must show variation, enviromental pressure, outcome: removal and stability of traits.
5 True/False Questions
DNA codes for______ → the smallest basic unit of life
A pedigree is → a diagram used to show the transmission of genetic traits in generations of families.
Exchange of genes between homologous chromosomes during meosis is called, this event increases what? → crossing over, recombination, genetic varation
Biomedical Anthropology studies → issues of health and illness
What was Mendel's 4th Conclusion? → Law of Independent assortment: Genes controlling different traits found on different chromosomes are inherited indenpendently of one another.