5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- a second-order, interpretations and comments about protocanonical
- b "action," what goes around comes around. Do good deeds now and you will reach moksha or return as a higher caste.
- c warriors, soliders
- d "ignorance" we refuse to see that atman and brahman are the same
- e "duty" social and varna duty
5 Multiple choice questions
- universal sound of Hinduism and Buddhism. The sound the of the universe and nature. The cycle of rebirth.
- hindu concept, god's word is around us all the time; we need only to tune into it.
- "casta" portuegese for class
- priestly caste
5 True/False questions
maya → "illusion" the world is shaped by our fears and desires. we cannot see past to see that atman and brahman are the same
Krishna → merchants
shruti → "what is heard," revelation, the Vedas
Varnashramadharma → "going through," a world of rebirth, of suffering. The cyclic world. Karma fuels this.
The Three Debts of Dvija → sons/children (to ones ancestors), chastity (to your teachers), sagrafice (to deities)