5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Daivi Vak
- a Laborers (in here are pariahs)
- b person, primordial, sacrafices himself into the caste. Four parts. Head, arms, legs, and feet.
- c hindu concept, god's word is around us all the time; we need only to tune into it.
- d our meaning systems or world
- e "what is heard," revelation, the Vedas
5 Multiple choice questions
- "action," what goes around comes around. Do good deeds now and you will reach moksha or return as a higher caste.
- second-order, interpretations and comments about protocanonical
- "twice born," the first three castes. Between the ages of 6 and 12 would study the Vedas with a guru.
- universal sound of Hinduism and Buddhism. The sound the of the universe and nature. The cycle of rebirth.
- chant, sometimes untranslatable. The one who speaks them recieves power from the chants.
5 True/False questions
moksha → "wealth, status"
hermeneutics → the art of interpretation
Agni → a sacraficial fire, supposed to be a mouth to the gods. There is one kept in the temple, in the school, and in the home.
isegesis → a close reading of a selection of texts, payings special attention to word choice.
Vaishya → merchants