5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- The Four Aims of Dvija
- a Kama, Aretha, Dharma, Moksha
- b a sacraficial fire, supposed to be a mouth to the gods. There is one kept in the temple, in the school, and in the home.
- c the art of interpretation
- d second-order, interpretations and comments about protocanonical
- e class, peer group, duty, One social duty according to class and peer group. Your place in life.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- the seers, wrote the vedas
- our meaning systems or world
- priestly caste
- "color" caste
- person, primordial, sacrafices himself into the caste. Four parts. Head, arms, legs, and feet.
5 True/False Questions
shruti → "what is heard," revelation, the Vedas
Shudra → destroyer
exegesis → bring specific goals to the process of interpretation
karma → "pleasure"
fundamental orality → religions were first based on the oral recitation