5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- The Four Aims of Dvija
- The Four Stages of Life
- a Student, Householder, Forest dweller, and World-renouncer/ascetic
- b Kama, Aretha, Dharma, Moksha
- c chant, sometimes untranslatable. The one who speaks them recieves power from the chants.
- d "ignorance" we refuse to see that atman and brahman are the same
- e destroyer
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- second-order, interpretations and comments about protocanonical
- class, peer group, duty, One social duty according to class and peer group. Your place in life.
- universal sound of Hinduism and Buddhism. The sound the of the universe and nature. The cycle of rebirth.
- a close reading of a selection of texts, payings special attention to word choice.
- religions were first based on the oral recitation
5 True/False Questions
Visnu → "color" caste
Brahmin → god, a ground of being, not personified, no human qualities
protocanonical → second-order, interpretations and comments about protocanonical
sectarian → may or may not be included in a canon
hermeneutics → the art of interpretation