5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- The Four Aims of Dvija
- a universal sound of Hinduism and Buddhism. The sound the of the universe and nature. The cycle of rebirth.
- b preserver
- c liberation. Realizing that life is not maya, but everything is brahman. Release from the cycle of samsara.
- d Kama, Aretha, Dharma, Moksha
- e "pleasure"
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- classic interpretation of Hinduism which is non-dualism.
- self, soul. This is what lives on after death
- sons/children (to ones ancestors), chastity (to your teachers), sagrafice (to deities)
- "what is heard," revelation, the Vedas
- a sacraficial fire, supposed to be a mouth to the gods. There is one kept in the temple, in the school, and in the home.
5 True/False Questions
Rsi → a sacraficial fire, supposed to be a mouth to the gods. There is one kept in the temple, in the school, and in the home.
dvija → "twice born," the first three castes. Between the ages of 6 and 12 would study the Vedas with a guru.
protocanonical → first-order, that which is considered to be original or primary somehow.
avidya → "ignorance" we refuse to see that atman and brahman are the same
maya → "pleasure"