5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- fundamental orality
- Daivi Vak
- a hindu concept, god's word is around us all the time; we need only to tune into it.
- b religions were first based on the oral recitation
- c the seers, wrote the vedas
- d self, soul. This is what lives on after death
- e "wealth, status"
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- bring specific goals to the process of interpretation
- warriors, soliders
- second-order, interpretations and comments about protocanonical
- first-order, that which is considered to be original or primary somehow.
5 True/False Questions
Purusha → in Hinduism, the seventh incarnation of the god Vishnu
exegesis → a close reading of a selection of texts, payings special attention to word choice.
avidya → "ignorance" we refuse to see that atman and brahman are the same
hermeneutics → a close reading of a selection of texts, payings special attention to word choice.
mantra → "illusion" the world is shaped by our fears and desires. we cannot see past to see that atman and brahman are the same