5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Daivi Vak
- a universal sound of Hinduism and Buddhism. The sound the of the universe and nature. The cycle of rebirth.
- b first-order, that which is considered to be original or primary somehow.
- c hindu concept, god's word is around us all the time; we need only to tune into it.
- d class, peer group, duty, One social duty according to class and peer group. Your place in life.
- e destroyer
5 Multiple choice questions
- "illusion" the world is shaped by our fears and desires. we cannot see past to see that atman and brahman are the same
- "casta" portuegese for class
- in Hinduism, the seventh incarnation of the god Vishnu
- "action," what goes around comes around. Do good deeds now and you will reach moksha or return as a higher caste.
5 True/False questions
shruti → "what is heard," revelation, the Vedas
Rsi → a sacraficial fire, supposed to be a mouth to the gods. There is one kept in the temple, in the school, and in the home.
avidya → "twice born," the first three castes. Between the ages of 6 and 12 would study the Vedas with a guru.
deuterocanonical → first-order, that which is considered to be original or primary somehow.
Vaishya → merchants