5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Japan no longer controlled the Pacific.
- Fair Employment Practices Comittee a need for workers.
- Josef Stalin
- America signed a treaty with Mexico because America needed workers.
- island hopping
- a In 1929 he was a sole dictator of the Soviet Union and made the Soviet Union a totalitarian state
- b American forces would capture some Japanese-held islands and go around others
- c Why did Mexican workers move north during WWII?
- d Why was the Battle of Midway significant for the Allies?
- e What 2 factors contributed to African-Americans getting jobs that they had previously been denied?
5 Multiple choice questions
- a political system based on militarism, extreme nationalism, and blind loyalty to the state and its leader
- What was the new form of warfare at the Battle of the Coral Sea?
- suicide pilots crash their planes into enemies ships
- What was the Bataan Death March?
- wartime acts of cruelty and brutality that are judged to be beyond the accepted rules of war and human behaviors
5 True/False questions
Dwight D. Eisenhower → a conflict involving not just armies, but the entire nation.
Roosevelt died, so Truman took over. → Inexperienced high-officer, used the atomic bomb on Japan. VP of Roosevelt
bracero → Mexican laborers in the U.S.
The League of Nation's response was a protest, like a "warning" but they didn't do anything. → Why did the Japanese military attack China without the approval of the elected government?
approved greater spendings for army and navy passed a peace time draft *had African-Americans have an Army Air Corps → What steps did the U.S. take to prepare for war?