5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- island hopping
- Roosevelt died, so Truman took over.
- Japan would not give up, and would rather die than give up.
- Hitler betrayed Stalin, and so Stalin worked with Britain to bring down Germany.
- a a warlike act by one country against another without a cause
- b Who did Hitler betray on June 22, 1941? What was the result?
- c What convinced American war planners that a full-scale invasion of Japan was necessary?
- d What significant event occurred in the U.S. after the invasion of Germany?
- e American forces would capture some Japanese-held islands and go around others
5 Multiple choice questions
- suicide pilots crash their planes into enemies ships
- What was the Lend-Lease law?
- wartime acts of cruelty and brutality that are judged to be beyond the accepted rules of war and human behaviors
- How were the beliefs of the militarists in Japan like Hitler's Nazis?
- Why did the king of Italy appoint Mussolini prime minister?
5 True/False questions
intern → avoiding involvement in another countries' affairs
To overcome the German opposition in France → What promise did MacArthur keep in the Pacific?
The Nazi-Soviet Pact kept Hitler and Stalin (Germany and Russia) at peace. → What did Hitler do when the Soviets invaded Berlin?
Germany conquered Denmark, Netherlands, Luxemborg, Belgium, France, Poland and Austria. → What two countries declared war on Germany after the invasion of Poland?
Prisoners were either killed in gas chambers Torture labor or used for medical expiraments. → What 2 factors contributed to African-Americans getting jobs that they had previously been denied?