5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- The League of Nation's response was a protest, like a "warning" but they didn't do anything.
- approved greater spendings for army and navy passed a peace time draft *had African-Americans have an Army Air Corps
- Soviet beat Germans in and around Stalingrad in Russia. British defeated German forces in Egypt.
- Japan bombed the planes that were used as defense.
- To be re-elected 3 times
- a What 2 events in Europe and North Africa started to move the war in the Allies favor?
- b What steps did the U.S. take to prepare for war?
- c What was the League of Nation's response to Italian and Japanese aggression?
- d President Roosevelt was the first president to do what?
- e Why were the American and Filipino forces unable to effectively defend the Philippines?
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- American forces would capture some Japanese-held islands and go around others
- What significant event occurred in the U.S. after the invasion of Germany?
- What was V-E Day?
- What did the Neutrality Act of 1935 do? What was the its goal
- the deliberate attempt to wipe out an entire nation or ethnic group
5 True/False Questions
70,000 captured Filipino and American soldiers walked 65 miles to prison camps. On the way many died of hunger, disease, or violence. → How did Roosevelt get around the Neutrality Act and manage to help Britain?
The king of Italy haf Mussolini become prime minister because Mussolini threatened to over throw Italy's government → Why did Mexican workers move north during WWII?
America stopped giving Japan steel, iron, and oil. → What prompted Japan to attack Pearl Harbor?
All Holocaust survivors had a number tattoed on thei arm. → What did all Holocaust death camp survivors have with them until they died?
America signed a treaty with Mexico because America needed workers. → What 2 factors contributed to African-Americans getting jobs that they had previously been denied?