Candide/Tale of Two Cities Test
5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Sydney Carton
- a An attorney who works with Stryver, who resembles Charles Darnay and makes the court decide not to charge Darnay as a spy.
- b A lawyer who is involved with the case of Charles Darnay.
- c Liveliness; animation; sprightliness
- d Wise in handling practical matters; exercising good judgement.
- e Impressively great in size force or extent; enormous
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- Bitterly abusive feeling or expression
- Fortunate fault
- Vain or ostentation display
- A merciful, kind, or lenient act
- Producing or capable of producing a desired effect.
5 True/False Questions
Satire → A person or thing that causes affliction or suffering
Guillotine → Painless form of execution named after Dr. Guillotine, who first proposed it.
Ignominious → Marked by shame or disgrace
Jerry Cruncher → A lawyer who is involved with the case of Charles Darnay.
Monsieur Defarge → A wine shop owner in the poor town Saint Antoine in Paris, he formerly worked as a servant for Dr. Manette.