5 Written Questions
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- connects stapes and oval window
- turn acoustic energy from external ear and concert it to mechanical energy
- stapedius and tensor tympani
- when the acoustic energy hits it, it vibrates the ossicles creating the mechanical energy.
- acoustic function. channel sound energy to middle ear.
5 True/False Questions
area ratio → malleus is longer than incus. more movement on shorter side when you move longer side just as equally
6 cube walls → medial: dense portion of temporal bone where cochlea is embedded.
floor: jugular wall
posterior: mastoid wall
anterior: carrotid wall
roof: tegmental wall. thin wall that separates brain from ME
lever action → area of TM is much larger than oval window. force is concentrated
four functions of the outer ear → localization, amplification, funneling, protection
eustahean tube → anterior and posterior crura, and annular ligemant