5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Withholding reinforcement or attention (ignoring bad behavior) eventually the bad behavior will go away.
- Skinner put a rat in a box and if he touched a bar he got food, then over time, through re-inforcement, the rat would learn to repeat that activity this experiment tested the idea of...
- Third "Family" of Instruction; Relationship with the teacher, touchy-feely, self-efficacy, group work, meaningful, personal interests
- The first step of Synectics is...
- Techniques for Elaborative Rehearsal; this technique is where you use "chunking" by charts, organizers, color, mind maps, order of presentation, introduction/summaries/key ideas
- a Extinction
- b Humanism (learning theory)
- c organization
- d Operant Conditioning
- e Describe the Topic
5 Multiple choice questions
- Punishment II
- Behaviorism (learning theory)
- Concept Formation
5 True/False questions
The fourth step of the inquiry process is... → Teacher Confirmation (and) Explanation
The first four needs on Maslow's hierarchy are called ______________ needs because you are always trying to get rid of them, you need to satisfy these to learn. → thinking
In the information processing model in your short term memory you have your working memory which holds between _________ pieces of information and holds it for ___________ seconds → 5-9/20
The third step of concept attainment in the inductive model by Jerome Bruner is... → Present Positive and Negative Examples (or exemplars) (Mom, Pop, Eve and Dad are positive examples Brother, Sister, Cousin, Aunt, Grandmother are all negative Examples of Palindrome)
This is technique of elaborative rehersal is based on the principle that we remember that which is first best. → chunking