5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Battle of Fredericksburg
- 54th Massachusetts Regiment
- a A rise in prices and a decrease in the value of money.
- b Northerner who opposed using force to keep the southern states in the Union.
- c Military blockade or bombardment of an enemy town or position in order to force it to surrender.
- d One of the most famous African American units in the Union.
- e Union troops were forced to retreat from Confederate gun fire. Morale boost for the Conderate army.
5 Multiple choice questions
- A tax on people's earnings.
- Virginia town that was the site of the Confederate surrender in 1865.
- Union war ship which used to be named the USS Merrimack. First ironclad ship in the Confederacy.
- The right not to be held in prison without first being charged with a specific crime.
- Conderate army won the three day battle. "Stonewall" Jackson was accidently shot by friendly fire and died from wounds.
5 True/False questions
Gettysburge Address → The most famous speech Lincoln ever gave at the memorial to the Battle of Gettysburge in 1863.
Battle of Shiloh → Showed both the Union and Confederacy that their soldiers needed training and that the war would be long.
martial law → Rule by the army instead of the elected government.
Emancipation Proclamation → Lincoln's 1863 declaration freeing slaves in the Confederacy.
emanciaption → to free