5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- habeas corpus
- 54th Massachusetts Regiment
- Battle of Gettysburge
- Gettysburge Address
- Battle of Shiloh
- a The right not to be held in prison without first being charged with a specific crime.
- b The most famous speech Lincoln ever gave at the memorial to the Battle of Gettysburge in 1863.
- c Union beat back the Confederate army and won. Considered one of the bloodiest encounters of the war.
- d Three day battle in which Confederate troops were exposed to heavy fire from the Union army. The battle ended in a Union victory and a turning point in the war.
- e One of the most famous African American units in the Union.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- to free
- A rise in prices and a decrease in the value of money.
- Northerner who opposed using force to keep the southern states in the Union.
- Union troops were forced to retreat from Confederate gun fire. Morale boost for the Conderate army.
- Conderate army won the three day battle. "Stonewall" Jackson was accidently shot by friendly fire and died from wounds.
5 True/False Questions
The Virginia → The Union's ironclad ship
Battle of Bull Run → Showed both the Union and Confederacy that their soldiers needed training and that the war would be long.
Battle of Antietam → Union beat back the Confederate army and won. Considered one of the bloodiest encounters of the war.
total war → Rule by the army instead of the elected government.
Emancipation Proclamation → Lincoln's 1863 declaration freeing slaves in the Confederacy.