5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- martial law
- Appomattox Court House
- Battle of Antietam
- Battle of Fredericksburg
- Battle of Gettysburge
- a Virginia town that was the site of the Confederate surrender in 1865.
- b Union troops were forced to retreat from Confederate gun fire. Morale boost for the Conderate army.
- c Rule by the army instead of the elected government.
- d No clear winner, but the Union claimed victory. Northern morale increased. Considered to be the bloodiest one-day battle in U.S history.
- e Three day battle in which Confederate troops were exposed to heavy fire from the Union army. The battle ended in a Union victory and a turning point in the war.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- Kentucky, Missouri, Maryland, and Delaware
- to free
- Northerner who opposed using force to keep the southern states in the Union.
- The most famous speech Lincoln ever gave at the memorial to the Battle of Gettysburge in 1863.
- Showed both the Union and Confederacy that their soldiers needed training and that the war would be long.
5 True/False Questions
inflation → A rise in prices and a decrease in the value of money.
54th Massachusetts Regiment → to free
income tax → A rise in prices and a decrease in the value of money.
The Monitor → The Union's ironclad ship
draft → Law passed in 1863. All able bodied males between ages 20 to 45 are rquired serve in the military if they are called.