5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Battle of Gettysburge
- Gettysburge Address
- total war
- Battle of Fredericksburg
- a Three day battle in which Confederate troops were exposed to heavy fire from the Union army. The battle ended in a Union victory and a turning point in the war.
- b All-out war that affects civilians at home as well as soldiers in combat.
- c Law passed in 1863. All able bodied males between ages 20 to 45 are rquired serve in the military if they are called.
- d The most famous speech Lincoln ever gave at the memorial to the Battle of Gettysburge in 1863.
- e Union troops were forced to retreat from Confederate gun fire. Morale boost for the Conderate army.
5 Multiple choice questions
- Union beat back the Confederate army and won. Considered one of the bloodiest encounters of the war.
- Virginia town that was the site of the Confederate surrender in 1865.
- Showed both the Union and Confederacy that their soldiers needed training and that the war would be long.
- A failed Confederate charge at the Battle of Gettysburge.
- Kentucky, Missouri, Maryland, and Delaware
5 True/False questions
inflation → to free
siege → Military blockade or bombardment of an enemy town or position in order to force it to surrender.
Copperheads → Northerner who opposed using force to keep the southern states in the Union.
Emancipation Proclamation → to free
Battle of Chancellorsville → Conderate army won the three day battle. "Stonewall" Jackson was accidently shot by friendly fire and died from wounds.