5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- The Monitor
- total war
- Battle of Fredericksburg
- a Northerner who opposed using force to keep the southern states in the Union.
- b The Union's ironclad ship
- c All-out war that affects civilians at home as well as soldiers in combat.
- d A rise in prices and a decrease in the value of money.
- e Union troops were forced to retreat from Confederate gun fire. Morale boost for the Conderate army.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- Union war ship which used to be named the USS Merrimack. First ironclad ship in the Confederacy.
- Kentucky, Missouri, Maryland, and Delaware
- A failed Confederate charge at the Battle of Gettysburge.
- to free
- Military blockade or bombardment of an enemy town or position in order to force it to surrender.
5 True/False Questions
draft → Military blockade or bombardment of an enemy town or position in order to force it to surrender.
Battle of Gettysburge → Three day battle in which Confederate troops were exposed to heavy fire from the Union army. The battle ended in a Union victory and a turning point in the war.
Battle of Shiloh → Union beat back the Confederate army and won. Considered one of the bloodiest encounters of the war.
Appomattox Court House → The right not to be held in prison without first being charged with a specific crime.
Battle of Bull Run → Showed both the Union and Confederacy that their soldiers needed training and that the war would be long.