5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- 54th Massachusetts Regiment
- The Virginia
- Gettysburge Address
- Battle of Chancellorsville
- habeas corpus
- a Conderate army won the three day battle. "Stonewall" Jackson was accidently shot by friendly fire and died from wounds.
- b The right not to be held in prison without first being charged with a specific crime.
- c One of the most famous African American units in the Union.
- d The most famous speech Lincoln ever gave at the memorial to the Battle of Gettysburge in 1863.
- e Union war ship which used to be named the USS Merrimack. First ironclad ship in the Confederacy.
5 Multiple choice questions
- Lincoln's 1863 declaration freeing slaves in the Confederacy.
- All-out war that affects civilians at home as well as soldiers in combat.
- A failed Confederate charge at the Battle of Gettysburge.
- Northerner who opposed using force to keep the southern states in the Union.
- to free
5 True/False questions
draft → Law passed in 1863. All able bodied males between ages 20 to 45 are rquired serve in the military if they are called.
Battle of Fredericksburg → Union troops were forced to retreat from Confederate gun fire. Morale boost for the Conderate army.
border states → Kentucky, Missouri, Maryland, and Delaware
Fort Wagner → All-out war that affects civilians at home as well as soldiers in combat.
martial law → All-out war that affects civilians at home as well as soldiers in combat.