5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- border states
- martial law
- The Monitor
- income tax
- a A tax on people's earnings.
- b Northerner who opposed using force to keep the southern states in the Union.
- c Kentucky, Missouri, Maryland, and Delaware
- d The Union's ironclad ship
- e Rule by the army instead of the elected government.
5 Multiple choice questions
- No clear winner, but the Union claimed victory. Northern morale increased. Considered to be the bloodiest one-day battle in U.S history.
- Military blockade or bombardment of an enemy town or position in order to force it to surrender.
- Union troops were forced to retreat from Confederate gun fire. Morale boost for the Conderate army.
- The most famous speech Lincoln ever gave at the memorial to the Battle of Gettysburge in 1863.
- One of the most famous African American units in the Union.
5 True/False questions
habeas corpus → All-out war that affects civilians at home as well as soldiers in combat.
draft → Military blockade or bombardment of an enemy town or position in order to force it to surrender.
inflation → to free
emanciaption → A rise in prices and a decrease in the value of money.
Pickett's Charge → A failed Confederate charge at the Battle of Gettysburge.