5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Emancipation Proclamation
- 54th Massachusetts Regiment
- Battle of Shiloh
- Battle of Fredericksburg
- a One of the most famous African American units in the Union.
- b Union troops were forced to retreat from Confederate gun fire. Morale boost for the Conderate army.
- c Union beat back the Confederate army and won. Considered one of the bloodiest encounters of the war.
- d A rise in prices and a decrease in the value of money.
- e Lincoln's 1863 declaration freeing slaves in the Confederacy.
5 Multiple choice questions
- Northerner who opposed using force to keep the southern states in the Union.
- All-out war that affects civilians at home as well as soldiers in combat.
- A failed Confederate charge at the Battle of Gettysburge.
- 54th Massachusetts Regiment led an attack at the fort located near Charleston, SC in 1863.
- Virginia town that was the site of the Confederate surrender in 1865.
5 True/False questions
The Virginia → Union war ship which used to be named the USS Merrimack. First ironclad ship in the Confederacy.
Battle of Gettysburge → Union troops were forced to retreat from Confederate gun fire. Morale boost for the Conderate army.
Battle of Chancellorsville → Showed both the Union and Confederacy that their soldiers needed training and that the war would be long.
emanciaption → A rise in prices and a decrease in the value of money.
Gettysburge Address → Kentucky, Missouri, Maryland, and Delaware