← Mico Test 2 Test
5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- What ETC carrier is an integral membrane protein; it alternates btwn reduced & oxidized states? Initial carrier molecule of ETC in mitochondria
- In what stage are organisms dying more quickly than they are being replaced by new ones
- What microorganism uses organic compounds for both energy & carbon?
- An epidemiologist is investigating a new disease & sees bacteria in tissue cells. He wants to try to isolate the bacteria in the lab. What culture conditions are most likely to be successful?
- What does Clostridium botulinum cause?
- a Animal & Cell Culture
(Match cells to environment)
- b Death Phase
- c Botulism
- d Chemoheterotroph
- e Flavoproteins
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- C & G b/c of 3 hydrogen bonds btwn them
- Organisms adjust to their environment
(New cells formed during single cell division)
5 True/False Questions
What is a horizontal method of gene transfer that deals w/ the coupling of mating cells? There is physical contact btwn the donor & recipient → Conjugation
What is at the 3 prime end of DNA? → Free OH
What is the time required for a bacterial cell to grow & divide? → Generation Time
What is a reversible metabolic reaction that is a reaction that can be catabolic or anabolic? → Amphibolic Reaction
What does Colstridium prefringens cause? → Botulism