5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- What Photoshop tool allows you to select an area of any size or shape by drawing freehand?
- What is a flag?
- What is the inverse square law?
- What kind of lighting pattern is useful to narrow a face?
- Name 2 ways you can decrease depth of field
- a The intensity of the illumination is inversely proportional to the square of the distance from light to subject. At twice the distance from the subject, the light illuminates only 1/4 of the original.
- b Lasso tool
- c Also called a gobo; it is a small panel usually mounted on a stand that shades some part of the subject or shields the lens from light that could cause flare
- d 1) Use a longer lens; 2) Move closer to the subject
- e Short lighting
5 Multiple choice questions
- More of the background and foreground are sharp.
5 True/False questions
This light modifier can be used to spotlight a specific area of the subject or background. → Snoot
If you're working with an automatic camera and you set the aperture and the camera sets the shutter speed, what mode are you working in? → Shutter-priority
What do the bars on the right of a histogram represent? → A change in exposure of 1 EV, that is 1/2 or 2x the amount of light.
Why is depth of field greater on a short lens versus a long lens? → Relative aperture. The opening on a long lens must be larger than a corresponding opening on a short lens to produce the same f-stops.
This type of file format compresses images by discarding pixels; therefore, each time an images is compressed, it loses pixels → JPEG