5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- When the size of the aperture is decreased, it is said to be what?
- Using this kind of automatic exposure setting on the camera, you set the aperture and the camera sets the shutter speed
- What is the usable exposure range, or range of subject brightness called?
- An incident-exposure reading for a fair-skinned subject reads f/8, 1/125th at 100 ISO. The next subject is very dark skinned. What is the proper exposure for the second subject?
- Focal length controls what?
- a stopped down
- b 1) Magnification, or the size of the subject; 2) Angle of view
- c No change. The EXPOSURE doesn't change or it would also change the background as well. Move the lights to adjust.
- d Aperture-Priority
- e Dynamic range
5 Multiple choice questions
- lens-to-subject distance
- 3200 Kelvin
- Add green
- Hyperfocal distance. A lens focused at the hyperfocal distance has depth of field extending from approximately half the hyperfocal distance to infinity, whereas a lens focused at infinity has a depth of field only at infinity.
- Use negative exposure compensation (underexpose). The meter will attempt to make the dark scene 18% grey, underexpose to bring it back to dark.
5 True/False questions
When mixed in varying proportion, the subtractive primary colors produce what? → 1920 pixels by 2400 pixels (4.6 million pixels)
A technique used to maintain sharp focus on a subject that is moving toward you is called what? → Follow focus
Printers use what set of colors? → A RAW file that has been altered
If an image is too yellow, what color adjustment should be made in Photoshop to correct it? → Add yellow
In short lighting, where is the main light placed? → To strike the side of the face away from the camera.