5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Rescue Medication
- a Is a breathing sound caused by a partially obstructed airway.
- b Are taken at the first sign lf an attack to dilate the airways and make breathing easier. This medication is known as bronchodilators.
- c Inflammation of the pharynx; also known as a sore throat.
- d breathing
- e Mens a sudden involuntary contraction.
5 Multiple choice questions
- Also known as an ENT, is a physician with specialized training in the diagnoses and treatment of diseases and disorders of the ears, nose, throat, and related structures of the jead and neck.
- Common Cold. An upper respiratory infection can be caused by any one of 200 different viruses.
- Contagious bacterial infection of the upper respiratory tract that is characterized by a spasm like cough.
- Means involuntary contraction.
- Is the muscle that separates the thoracic cavity from the abdomen. It is the contraction and relaxation of this muscle that makes breathing possible. The Phrenic Nerves(FREN-ick) stimulate the diaphragm and cause it to contract.
5 True/False questions
ox/o → Means mouth, or oral cavity.
-rrhagia → Means bleeding.
(VIS-er-al) → Is the outer layer of the pleura that lines the walls of the thoracic cavity, covers the diaphragm, and forms the sac containing each lung. Parietal means relating to the walls of a cavity.
nasopharynx → Accumulation of pus in the pleural cavity.
Left Lung → Contagious bacterial infection of the upper respiratory tract that is characterized by a spasm like cough.