5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Gaius Marius
- a what was the first enemy city confronted by the Crusaders
- b a medieval merchant-class town dweller.
- c a medieval association of people working at the same occupation, which controlled its members wages and prices.
- d Today known as Istanbul
- e professionalized the Roman Army.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- Ordered the Jews to leave Spain on pain of death in 1492
- the heavy military sandals that used iron hob-nails as treads.
- The city attacked after Edessa and was considered almost the equal to Jerusalem.
- Issued a bull that allowed the use of torture to get a confession
- argued that the most basic religious truths could be proved by logical argument.
5 True/False Questions
common law → the group that exercised great influence over both foreign and domestic policy
rack → Form of torture that involved rollers and a handle.
Pope Leo IX → enforced Church laws against simony and the marriage of priests.
Cannae → the heavy military sandals that used iron hob-nails as treads.
Clement V → the leader of the Greek Orthodox Church that asked Urban II for help.