5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- In 1940, Where had the US Pacific Fleet been based and where was it moved to?
- Why was June 14th the happiest day of Hitler's life? How is it related to what Germany experienced in WWI? (1940)
- What two Nordic countries fell to Hitler in 1940?
- What two events strengthened the bond between the US and Great Britain in 1941?
- What was Operation Husky in 1943?
- a Lend-Lease Act & Atlantic Charter
- b Allied forced land in Sicily; start moving up the boot. (Causes Italy to surrender)
- c Denmark and Finland
- d California to Pearl Harbor, Hawaii
- e The capture of Paris; (France surrendered to Germany in the same place in WWII as the place where Germany surrendered to France in WWI)
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- WWII may be worse for Germany than WWI
- An attack on Pearl Harbor, Hawaii, to destroy the US Pacific Fleet.
- Submarines (US U-boats)
- Relations are broken off, all Japanese assets in the USA are taken, and the USA will no longer sell oil to Japan.
5 True/False Questions
June 6, 1944, is better known as what? → German troops defeated by British troops in the Mediterranean.
Who became the British Prime Minister in 1940? → Winston Churchill
What was the turning point of WWII (1943)? → Allied forced land in Sicily; start moving up the boot. (Causes Italy to surrender)
In 1941, what led to the internment of Japanese-American citizens and much fear in Americans? → A Japanese sub surfaced off the coast of California and shelled an oil storage site.
What operation did Hitler delay to help Italy when they were invading Yugoslavia and Greece in 1941? → Target Leningrad and Stalingrad to dishearten the communists.