5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- boiling point
- potential energy
- kinetic energy
- phase change
- freezing point
- a the temperature at which a substance changes from a liquid to a gas
- b Energy that is stored and held in readiness.
- c the temperature below which a liquid turns into a solid
- d a change from one state (solid or liquid or gas) to another without a change in chemical composition
- e The energy of motion
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- A temperature scale based on absolute zero.
- the direct transfer of heat from one substance to another substance that it is touching
- the transfer of heat through conduction, convection, or radiation
- the transfer of heat through a fluid (liquid or gas) caused by molecular motion
- Is a disturbance that travels through a medium as a longitudinal waves.
5 True/False Questions
light → The light that you see each day is a form of electromagnetic energy
absolute zero → The temperature at which no more energy can be removed from matter.
vaporization → energy that is radiated or transmitted in the form of rays or waves or particles
condensation → the transfer of heat through a fluid (liquid or gas) caused by molecular motion
celcius → A temperature scale based on absolute zero.