5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Surge protectors
- User interface
- a Part of the computer's operating system that users interact with.
- b Operating system developed by AT&T. It is considered portable, meaning it can run on just about any hardware platform.
- c A computer program that is written to cause corruption of data.
- d Devices that protect electronic equipment from variations in electric current.
- e A set of clearly defined, logical steps that solve a problem.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- A group of programs that coordinate and control the resources and operations of a computer system.
- Systems software that performs tasks related to managing the computer's resources, file management, diagnostics, and other specialized chores.
- Computer ports that can transmit data one bit at a time; often used by a modem or a mouse.
- Technology that allows a hardware component to be attached to a computer so that it is automatically configured by the operating system, without user intervention.
- A combination of hardware and software that creates a buffer between an internal network and the Internet to prevent unauthorized access.
5 True/False Questions
Hackers → A computer program that is written to cause corruption of data.
Multitasking → Running two or more distinct computer operations simultaneously; one in the foreground, the other(s) in the background.
MS-DOS → Communications hardware device that facilitates the transmission of data
Universal serial bus → Computer ports that can transmit data one bit at a time; often used by a modem or a mouse.
Graphical user interfaces → Part of the computer's operating system that users interact with.