5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Vulgar Latin
- Agricultural Revolution
- Language branch
- a A race is e primary determint of human traits and capacities and that racial differences produce an inherent superiority of a particular race.
- b The time when human beings first domesticated plants and animals and no longer relied entirely on hunting and gathering
- c A collection of languages related through a common ancestor that existed several thousand years ago. Differences are not as extensive or old as with language families, and archaeological evidence can confirm that these derived from the same family.
- d A form of Latin used in daily conversation by ancient Romans, as opposed to the standard dialect, which was used for official documents.
- e the quality of moving freely
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- the movement of persons from one country or locality to another
- a place that that people believe exists as a part of their cultural identity, perceptual region
- the reduction in time that takes something to reach another place
- Combination of Spanish and English, spoken by Hispanic-Americans.
- a regional variety of a language, with differences in vocabulary, grammar, and pronunciation; also a form of a language spoken by members of a particular social class or profession
5 True/False Questions
Refugees → People who are forced to migrate from their home country and cannot return for fear of persecution because of their race, religion, nationality, membership in a social group, or political opinion.
Quotas → geographic information system, a computer system that stores, organizes, retrieves, analyzes, and displays geographic data
Cartography → the making of maps and charts
Possibilism → belief in a single God
Multi-ethnic state → A state whose territory corresponds to that occupied by a particular ethnicity that has been transformed into a nationality