5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- ash arism
- a oldest patrirach of jewish, christian, and muslim faiths, who, according to tradition, lived about 2100- 1400 BC, and migrated from lower Mesopotamian city of Ur to Canaan
- b major protestant reformation teaching of John calvin of Geneva, emphasizes Gods calling believers to slvation rather than human choice, or divine predestiantion
- c to cease, anicnet jewish weekly day of rest and abstention to remeber God, extends from dusk friday to dusk saturday. family meal beings sabbath with lighting two candles , thanking god and sharing wine and bread
- d muslim belief that the wyas of allah exceed human understanding, which requires revelation
- e the one divinity of Islam. Contraction of al-ilah "the deity"
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- "the cube" a large cube made of black stone enclosing a sacred meteor in Mecca, Suadi Arabia, the sacred center of muslim space
- roman catholic process by which the Pope officially accepts a person as a saint
- a burial vault, often made of stone
- quorum of ten adult jewish males required for communal worship
- first of the 613 laws of the jewish torah, in exodus 20. some are thelogical and some are ethical
5 True/False Questions
passover → christian holy day on sunday in the spring celebrating the resurrection of Jesus Christ three days after his crucifixion
burning bush → greek for on- as the unchanging ultimate reality in contrast to changing earthly life. for plato being is the cosmic power that shapes the world following eternal patterns. West theology absorbed the philosophy of Being in various ways. Martin Heideggers being and time is the modern standard for re thinking being.
shi a → islam leader supposed to be descendants of Muhammed
baptism → to be dipped- chrisitan initiatory ritual and a sacrament. some see baptism as washing away the original sin inherited from Adam and Eve. others see an inititation into the church. Some baptize infants, others do not.
sufi → mystics, such Medlevi Order of whriling dervishes