5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- cortisol (a glucocorticoid) function is?
- parathyroid glands target tissue?
- ovarian hormones
- posterior pituitary also named
- a neurohypophysis
- b bone and kidney (vitamin D production)
- c kidney
- d regulates glucose, fat and protein metabolism; raises glucose levels in response to stress
- e estrogens or estradiol, or estrone, and progesterone
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- fight or flight system
- conversion back to glucose by glucagon
- growth of bones, other tissues
5 True/False Questions
adrenal glands two parts are named? → adrenal cortex; adrenal medulla
crine= → to secrete
gonads (sex organs) are controlled by what stimulus? → anterior pituitary
estrogen function → stimulate development of ova(eggs) and female secondary sex charachteristics
gluc/agons function → RAISE blood glucose levels, carries sugar from "cells to blood"