5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Plug and play
- User interface
- a Communications hardware device that facilitates the transmission of data
- b Running two or more distinct computer operations simultaneously; one in the foreground, the other(s) in the background.
- c Technology that allows a hardware component to be attached to a computer so that it is automatically configured by the operating system, without user intervention.
- d Part of the computer's operating system that users interact with.
- e A set of clearly defined, logical steps that solve a problem.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- Systems software that convents code written in a programming language into machine language that the computer can understand.
- A combination of hardware and software that creates a buffer between an internal network and the Internet to prevent unauthorized access.
- An operating system with graphical symbols representing files, programs, and documents.
- Systems software that provides an interface between the user or application program and the computer hardware.
- Intangible set of instructions that tells the computer what to do.
5 True/False Questions
Serial ports → Computer ports that can transmit data one bit at a time; often used by a modem or a mouse.
Systems software → A group of programs that coordinate and control the resources and operations of a computer system.
Application software → Systems software that performs tasks related to managing the computer's resources, file management, diagnostics, and other specialized chores.
MS-DOS → Microsoft's Disk Operating System; originally introduced with the IBM PC in 1981.
Boot → The process of starting a computer.