5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Newton's 2nd Law of Motion
- Complex Machine
- a a machine made of more than one simple machine
- b the relationship between mass, acceleration & force. Force = Mass X Acceler.
- c the force that keeps objects moving in a straight line; resists a change in motion
- d ends of magnets and the North Pole and South Pole: Positive & Negative poles, opposites attract (a + and - or (North & South); like poles repel (push away: South & South, North & North, 2 + or 2-)
- e work is done in a certain time. Work divided by time = power; measured in Watts
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- a force that pulls everything toward the center of the Earth
- the distance an object moves during a certain amount of time (miles per second; mph) Average speed = Distance divided by time
- When a force acts on an object and causes it to move (may be in the same direction or in opposite directions).
- When 1 object exerts more force on another object and movement occurs. Forces may be in the same direction or opposite directions, but there is movement. There is a Net Force.
- When 2 objects exert an equal and opposite force on each other.There is no movement!
5 True/False Questions
Magnetism → movement of objects, people, or animals in many different directions
Machine → movement of objects, people, or animals in many different directions
Work → a force that moves an object; no work is done if an object doesn't move. Force X Distance = Work
Distance → Force is measured in units called Newtons (not the cookie)
Velocity → a force that pulls everything toward the center of the Earth