5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- What happened at the Yalta Conference?
- On what two islands did the United States defeat Japan in 1943?
- If a major war broke out in 1939, Japan would be an ally to which two countries?
- What three countries were fighting in North Africa in 1941?
- Did the USSR surrender quickly like Hitler expected?
- a Germany and Italy
- b Guadalcanal and Tarawa
- c No
- d Great Britain, Italy, and German (Afrikacorps)
- e Post- war borders of Germany
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- California to Pearl Harbor, Hawaii
- Lend-Lease Act & Atlantic Charter
- Let them cut off Axis supplies
- Mongolia; Not to attack USSR; Army is better than Navy.
5 True/False Questions
In 1941, what led to the internment of Japanese-American citizens and much fear in Americans? → A Japanese sub surfaced off the coast of California and shelled an oil storage site.
In 1941, What helped convince Japan to go to war with the US? → Relations are broken off, all Japanese assets in the USA are taken, and the USA will no longer sell oil to Japan.
What was the Katyn Forest Massacre from 1940? → Mass execution of Polish nationals carried out by the Soviet Secret Police.
What Allied Power declared war on Japan in 1945? → Allied forced land in Sicily; start moving up the boot. (Causes Italy to surrender)
Which offensive drove German troops out of the USSR in 1944? → Operation Bagration; Tears open Eastern front and drives Nazis out of Soviet lands.