5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Plug and play
- Universal serial bus
- Graphical user interfaces
- a Standard for computer ports that support data transfer rates of up to 12 million bits per second.
- b Microsoft's Disk Operating System; originally introduced with the IBM PC in 1981.
- c Technology that allows a hardware component to be attached to a computer so that it is automatically configured by the operating system, without user intervention.
- d An operating system with graphical symbols representing files, programs, and documents.
- e Operating system developed by AT&T. It is considered portable, meaning it can run on just about any hardware platform.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- Devices that protect electronic equipment from variations in electric current.
- A set of clearly defined, logical steps that solve a problem.
- Communications hardware device that facilitates the transmission of data
- Systems software that performs tasks related to managing the computer's resources, file management, diagnostics, and other specialized chores.
- Analyzing problems to correct faults in the system.
5 True/False Questions
Language translators → Systems software that convents code written in a programming language into machine language that the computer can understand.
User interface → Part of the computer's operating system that users interact with.
Firewall → A computer program that is written to cause corruption of data.
Uninterruptible power supply → Computer ports that can transmit data one bit at a time; often used by a modem or a mouse.
Hackers → A computer program that is written to cause corruption of data.