5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Failure to warn
- The largest body of Civil Law is
- Life Estatepur autrie vie
- Conditional privilege
- a a defense in defamation cases affirming that the defendant published on good faith or as part of a duty to publish; it protects the defendant in a case that may otherwise be actionable
- b in order to prove a prima facie case one must prove there was a duty; breach of duty; the breach was the proximate cause of the damages. There must be actual damage
- c TORT law
- d in product liability cases, when a producer is found liable in tort for not warning consumers of dangers the producer know existed or should have known existed
- e A gives a life estate to B as measured by the life of C. When C dies the life estate ends.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- losses suffered by the plaintiff due to reliance on the fraud
- is what is owed by every member of society to others-people and property and animals.
- in tort law, a defense that when a manufacturer sells a product to a sophisticated buyer, such as another manufacturer, the purchaser is responsible for instructing its employees about the dangers in using the product
- a standard adopted in several states in place of proximate clause; jury may hold a defendant liable in tort if it finds that defendant's conduct was a major cause of the injury in question
- an intentional false communication, either published or publicly spoken, that injures another's reputation or good name
5 True/False Questions
Design defect → whether an injury to users could have been prevented by designing the product differently
The Doctrine of Transferred Intent → actus reus and mens rea are proven in evidence law then a conviction results.
Implied warranty → an unwritten, un expressed promise or guarantee that a court infers to exist and that accompanies a good
Causation → an intentional false communication, either published or publicly spoken, that injures another's reputation or good name
Grand jury → an oral defamation of one's reputation or good name