5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Stream of Consciousness
- a the piling up of images or concrete details. A listing
- b to take value away from the whole
- c A technique that presents thoughts as if they were coming directly from a character's mind. Instead of being arranged in chronologiccal order, the events of the story are presented from the character's feelings and memories just as they might spontaneously occur in the mind of a real person.
- d guessed
- e not easily grasped by the mind
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- A word, phrase, line, or group of lines repeated at regular intervals in a poem or song-serve to emphasize key ideas and to establish rhythm.
- to agree
- to be made holy
- Rhyming that often uses assonance or consonance only. Slant rhyme differs from a perfect rhyme in that nat all of itrs vowel or consonant sounds match those of the rhyming word.
5 True/False Questions
Deference → to take value away from the whole
The Hemingway Hero → A man who lives correctly, following the ideals of honor, courage, and endurance in a world that is sometimes chaotic, often stressful, and always painful.
Appendage → an external part
Effaced → sufficient
Malign → evil in nature