5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- John Wycliffe
- Gaius Marius
- Pope Gregory XI
- a a non Christian
- b this battle would decide the Second Punic War in favor of the Romans.
- c issued the bull that set up the tribunal court system to try heretics
- d professionalized the Roman Army.
- e preached that Jesus Christ, not the pope, was the head of the Church.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- In the battle here, the longbow not chivalry won the day.
- Called the machine gun of the Middle Ages.
- the Pope that issued a plea that resulted in the First Crusade. Offered those going on the Crusades a "ticket to heaven"
- the Roman Shield
- the effort by Christian leaders to drive the Muslims out of Spain, lasting from the 1100s until 1492.
5 True/False Questions
Pope Innocent IV → enforced Church laws against simony and the marriage of priests.
Pogroms → Muslims of Spain
Cannae → At this battle the Romans lost 50,000 to the Carthaginians.
Caligae → this battle would decide the Second Punic War in favor of the Romans.
Ma'arat al-Numan → This is where Christians would commit the most evil atrocity of the Crusades.